GBA SP model # question

Discussion in 'GBA - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by raskal549, Oct 18, 2009.

Oct 18, 2009

GBA SP model # question by raskal549 at 11:02 AM (2,764 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. raskal549
    OP

Newcomer raskal549 Member

United States
    This morning I scored a NES Edition GBA SP [​IMG] . I was a little disappointed that it was a 001 but it was FREE! WITH CHARGER AND BAG OF 4 GAMES AND 1 GBA MOVIE! the bottom line is that it is a NES edition so I am super happy just to get my hands on one. sadly, the case is pretty beat up but it works perfectly and the screens r scratchless! FREE FREE FREE! Today was a good day...I didn't even have to use my AK...sorry, had to say it...

So, I was looking around the net and the rule of thumb is that the AGS-101 only came in Pearl Pink, Pearl Blue and Graphite. Later, I come to find out that the Sponge Bob edition is also an AGS-101. Is there any other colors or special editions that anyone knows of that is an AGS-101?

2. gtmtnbiker

Member gtmtnbiker GBAtemp Regular

United States
    According to this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Game_Boy_Advance_SP

3. raskal549
    OP

Newcomer raskal549 Member

United States
    that's some good stuff. thanks for the info! that surf blue looks sweet. maybe one day i'll come across one [​IMG]

4. gtmtnbiker

Member gtmtnbiker GBAtemp Regular

United States
    It's definitely worth keeping your eyes open for one. The AGS-101 model is a big improvement over the original. Another option would be to get the GB Micro. It's tiny but the brightness and resolution is very good. As a bonus, it's easy to slip into your pocket.

5. spm12

Newcomer spm12 Advanced Member

United States
    i have the old mega old gba with no back light lol

6. zerolinks

Member zerolinks GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I had an AGS-101 model and an NES AGS-001 model. I was going to get rid of the graphite 101 model so I just swapped the cases for em lol

7. Todderbert

Member Todderbert GBAtemp Fan

United States
    How did that work out? Was it a direct fit or did you have to modify the plastic housing? I'm planning on doing a backlit graphite to a pearl white case.

8. zerolinks

Member zerolinks GBAtemp Regular

United States
    worked great, unfortunately you can't just swap the screens you actually have to transfer everything over. But everything fit perfectly, no modifications needed

9. Hybris

Newcomer Hybris Member

Canada
    My brother has a silver SP with black tattoo-like markings on the front, and it came normally like that .