GBA Save files randomly delete themselves

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by Chaos Rush, Jun 27, 2010.

Jun 27, 2010
  1. Chaos Rush
    OP

Member Chaos Rush GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Every few weeks, a couple of my GBA saves randomly delete themselves. Does anyone know why this happens?

I'm using an AceKard 2 + EZFlash 3in1.

2. kasek

Member kasek GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    i have this problem on akaio 1.6 and acekard 2i and i didnt get an answer so i hope you have better luck then me

3. Chaos Rush
    OP

Member Chaos Rush GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I think I've found the solution:

You know when you first boot it up, if you played a GBA game the last time you played, then a quick message will appear saying, "Processing GBA save...", correct? Well, if you boot it up without the EZFlash, then the message will still appear, but since the save file is supposedly stored in the Slot 2 cart, and if you have something else in, then it will just overwrite the save file with blank data.

So basically, if you play a GBA game, make sure you put the 3in1 back inside of the DS before booting up the AceKard again.

4. penthaler

Member penthaler GBAtemp Fan

Czech Republic
    I think that there is another problem.

3in1 can hold ONE game for sooo long time (you have to FLASH gba game to NOR). If you do this, the game will make save in NOR.
    AKAIO this save could ONLY back up (if this was properly set in settings) or LOAD with GBA.

So... If you play only ONE game, you dont have to set BACKUP GBA SAV ON STARTUP, and dont need to LOAD SAV with GBA ROM when loading game.

BUT

If you play more than ONE gba game, you MUST do that (backup gba sav and load with rom)

There are some games, which you can play and save, but the sav file will be blank - doesnt matter what you did, do, will do... So maybe it could be this too...

OR

LOW BAT in you 3in1