GBA Save Fails :(

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by Venko, Apr 30, 2010.

Apr 30, 2010

GBA Save Fails :( by Venko at 6:59 PM (912 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. Venko
    OP

Member Venko GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Hey, I have an Acekard 2i with the latest AKAIO firmware (1.6 RC2) and all of my DS games seem to run fine.

However the GBA games which worked fine on my old R4 aren't able to save anymore using the inbuilt 3-in-1 loader. The loader I used on my R4 doesn't seem to run properly on AKAIO. Tested on Final Fantasy 5, Final Fantasy I & II and Lord of the Rings: Return of the King. None of the games saved successfully.

I was wondering if this is a common/known problem or if I'm doing something wrong. It'll be a pain to carry around an R4 with a 2nd microSD card as well to play GBA games.

2. Wolfrenard

Newcomer Wolfrenard Newbie

France
    You can try to patch the roms with Gbata (see Downloads section)

3. Venko
    OP

Member Venko GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    They are already SRAM patched as was required for the 3-in-1 loader. I just had a look at them in Gbata and everything appears correct to me. This seems to be a problem specific to AKAIO's loader. I tried setting NOR to "Always" as per another topic but that doesn't fix the saving unfortunately.

I'm assuming that if I'm the only one with this problem then I must be doing something wrong. Unless everyone is having trouble with GBA saves in the latest version of AKAIO?

[edit] Seems it might be the battery in the 3-in-1 used for saving. It'd be odd it dying the exact time I switched to AKAIO but not impossible. I'll check that now using my old R4.

[edit] Yeah, it's a dead battery. Talk about coincidental timing. I guess that I need to try this or buy a new 3-in-1. If I buy a new one the battery could be dead too though [​IMG]

4. Leonidas

Member Leonidas GBAtemp Fan

Slovenia
    Wel, you can always search for a skilled technician in your area, and pay him a visit (don't forget to bring the battery). I'm sure they will fix it for a free beer or something.

5. Wolfrenard

Newcomer Wolfrenard Newbie

France
    It's very easy to change the battery : don't buy a new 3in1 ! (& a new battery cost about 2 or 3 € ! )