Not open for further replies.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope! You NEED some kind of slot2 card to play GBA games.

Seriously, just buy a slot2 card to play GBA games. I know cash can be hard to come by for such things, but it will pay for itself very quickly. Certainly cheaper than shelling out cash for all the GBA games you want to check out.
wink.gif

LokusT

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The R4 runs the DS games, the R4 is still required to be able to put the GBA games onto the 3-in-1 using something like Rudolph's tool.

I couldn't give you a definitive reason why GBA games won't run via Slot 1 other than it being a hardware issue mostly.

horsegon1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what i want to know is using ez flash 3 in 1 and r4 and roudolphs tool by flashing the rom to the 3 in 1 will u be able to migrate pokemon into pokemon diamond and peral like since it is flashed on the cart so why not plz awnser

DarkAura

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Forum Rules said:
Before you start a topic, perform a search to see if the question or topic you wish to create has been made before. If it has, post in the topic that already exists. Duplicate topics will be closed.

And... no, 'tis impossible! Unless you have an EZF 3-in-1 Exp. Pack.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Personally, I'd suggest a dedicated slot2 card for GBA games. The 3in1 is kinda limited. Too limited for me anyway.

An M3 slot2 card would be "the shiznit" because then, you would have the best of both worlds on the DS.

I have a Supercard miniSD (SCminiSD) as my slot2 card.......wish I would have bought the M3 slot2 instead......there is no slowdown in GBA games on the M3 slot2's. The SCminiSD slows down pathetically in many GBA games.

The 3in1 relies on the slot1 card to store the actual content for it, which cuts down on how many DS games you can put on the slot1 card. I don't see that as any kind of advantage. A dedicated slot2 is the BEST way to go to assure the maximum amount of games in the 2 cards on your DS.

I don't know about you, but I like to have the "mega arcade" in my pocket, not just a couple of games. That's why I have 2 completely dedicated cards in MY DS.

LokusT

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
what i want to know is using ez flash 3 in 1 and r4 and roudolphs tool by flashing the rom to the 3 in 1 will u be able to migrate pokemon into pokemon diamond and peral like since it is flashed on the cart so why not plz awnser

You'll need to track down a patch for the DS versions to be able to migrate from the GBA roms. I think the patch was called PokePatch. I found it via google. I think I may have linked to the page I saw it on somewhere in this forum so try using the search feature for PokePatch and it should theoretically come up. If not my link, I'm pretty sure someone else had mentioned it in this forum.

TLSpartan

Kills threads
Trophies
XP
Country
Haven't seen this in months. Doesn't bother me as much when its rare. Simple answer is to buy a EZFlash 3 in 1 and go to the gbatemp wiki and read up
lecture.gif

2dere

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
I was not aware you need a patch (which game are you patching) for PalPark in pokemon. Is it on slot 2s side I'm yet to try it with a rom on both sides. I've used a rom Pearl to get pokemon off my FireRed (actual game) piece of piss because I haven't got my national dex in my real pokemon game (i.e. not a rom) And I've had my Real game read data off a 3in1 rom in Megaman Battle Network 5: Double Team. I downloaded a .sav for team Protoman and uploaded the folder to my DS game without a hitch too.
So is this just a pokemon thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I call the one with big tiddies