GBA on NDS

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by .:Crimonite:., Aug 2, 2009.

Aug 2, 2009

GBA on NDS by .:Crimonite:. at 6:24 AM (935 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. .:Crimonite:.
    OP

Member .:Crimonite:. GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    I understand many people have probably already asked this question, and i've tried searching, but with a minimum 4 character limit, i cant even search something with GBA in it. Anyway, to get to the point...

If I buy a GBA flashcart for my GBA, it will work, obviously. But if I put the flashcart into the SLOT-2 in my NDS, will i still be able to play the games? I'm getting one either way, i'm just curious as to whether i can make it more convenient and just have one console with me.

Just one more thing... PLEASE don't go all spastic at me coz so many people ask this, but i did try the search and a few other methods. So yeah, please be nice... [​IMG]

2. GenesisX

Member GenesisX GBAtemp Fan

United States
    it will work, but i don't own a slot-2 device so idk,(P.S.in the Moonshell+YSMenu Combination w/e theres a plugin that runs GBA on moonshell w/ slot 2 in(idk anything about it, i just saw the plugin))

3. .:Crimonite:.
    OP

Australia
    So ummm, is that a straightforward yes? and one more thing, is there some complicated process i have to go through to play the GBA roms on the GBA flashcart, or can i just "plug in and play"?

4. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    It will work on the DS exactly the same way it works on the GBA, since it will be running in GBA mode. If you then buy a slot-1 NoPass device, you can boot the slot-2 device in DS mode and run DS homebrew and roms.

Very few GBA flash carts are plug-and-play. Usually you have to run them through some sort of patcher software first.

5. .:Crimonite:.
    OP

Australia
    ok, that pretty much clears everything up for me then [​IMG]

thanks for the help guys.

.:Crimonite:.