Hacking GBA games on 3DS.

Tsukurimashou

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys, I'll probably get a 3DS soon and I was wondering if I can play GBA games with a basic flashcard (I know that the DS lite cannot because of the hardware limitations) or must I get a SuperCard DSTwo to play GBA games?

And if I must buy a SuperCard, will the GBA games run fine? I just want to play some GBA games (Zelda Minishcap, Castlevania Aria of Sorrow and maybe some other). Is that worth it or do you think I should wait for a 3DS flashcard that will probably be able to play GBA games with an emulator?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Since I'm there, can you recommend me a good flashcard to play NDS games? (With a good price for the quality) Thanks :D

Jax

Pip Pip Cheerioink!
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
To play GBA games you will need the Supercard DSTwo. It's the only one that world.

To play NDS games, the Acekard 2i and the R4i Gold with Wood compatibility are the most popular because they are cheap and have great compatibility.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm talking about playing GBA games from NDS slot with emulator, because 3DS doesn't have GBA slot.

Then you'll need a Supercard DSTWO. It's the only cart currently with lone slot-1 GBA emulation.

If you're a 3DS Ambassador you should also be getting 10 GBA games for your 3DS for free sometime soon too.

Tsukurimashou

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm talking about playing GBA games from NDS slot with emulator, because 3DS doesn't have GBA slot.

Then you'll need a Supercard DSTWO. It's the only cart currently with lone slot-1 GBA emulation.

If you're a 3DS Ambassador you should also be getting 10 GBA games for your 3DS for free sometime soon too.

3DS Ambassador? What do you mean?

EDIT: I just checked, and no I don't think so, I don't have a 3DS atm, I'll probably get the Zelda 25th anniversary soon

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

People that purchased their 3DSes and used them online before the day the big price drop hit a few months ago are called Ambassadors. Incentive for early buyers who supported the system near launch at the full price. It basically makes you eligible to receive 10 free NES games and 10 free GBA games via download. The NES games have been released already, the GBA games are supposed to be coming by the end of the year.

Tsukurimashou

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Cool, will they release new games weekly or monthly? Do you know what will be the price for GBA games? And finaly will there be SNES games too?

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No word on SNES games, just NES and GBA games. NES games may become a VC service in the future, possibly for GBA as well. Though Nintendo says they've no plans to release them outside of the ambassador program. As they're free, no price was announced.

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No word on SNES games, just NES and GBA games. NES games may become a VC service in the future, possibly for GBA as well. Though Nintendo says they've no plans to release them outside of the ambassador program. As they're free, no price was announced.

IIRC the wording they used was, "no immediate plans," .... carefully phrased, eh? I do expect GBA on the 3DS VC eventually.

NakedFaerie

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia

People that purchased their 3DSes and used them online before the day the big price drop hit a few months ago are called Ambassadors. Incentive for early buyers who supported the system near launch at the full price. It basically makes you eligible to receive 10 free NES games and 10 free GBA games via download. The NES games have been released already, the GBA games are supposed to be coming by the end of the year.
If you go back and read his posts again you would realise he doesn't have a 3DS so no he's not a ambassador so why even bring that up?
There are a few carts that can play GBA games. Check google as I cant remember the other cart. I think its the media one as its got its own cpu in it with the power to play them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup