OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
I haven't played my DS for a very long time. Lately, I got back to it. I had one of the first Sakura versions installed on M3Real. The problem appeared, when I tried to run any GBA game. It looked as following

-I boot DS, Sakura loads on
-I go to GBA games folder, choose one of them
-The Sakura tries to load the game, GAME BOY logo appears on the screen

and that's it. To add, the GAME BOY logo is the only thing on the screen - similiar effect to when you used to run GBA without a cartridge in it.
(Just like here: http://www.rankopedia.com/CandidatePix/28943.gif , instead it should be http://www.pugo.org/media/collection/conso...boy_advance.jpg )
I tried to run TouchPod, but instead I would just get blank screen.

First solution: format microSD, head for older version of firmware, that used to work in the past. I believe it was M3Real Firmware 3.6.x (just a release before they changed GBA saves format). With it, GBA games worked as charm.

Today, I again thought of getting back to Sakura (which is way nicer, especially with Chaos Black)... and problems are back - no GBA game run. I didn't find any mention of it in FAQ, but, maybe someone else figured out what to do in such situation?

Deleting save and conf. files bring no results, both quick/patch give the same effects, no cheat/save state enabled. and yeah, if anyone wonders, I have GBA Expansion Pack.

stefanol

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
First, when problems occured, it was some old version, probably custom triple-boot.

Second time, I downloaded the newest version of Sakura from FAQ. It gave the same results.

stefanol

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
Apparently it was a hardware problem, and GBAExploader helped me find it out. After running it, it said that there is no GBA Expansion Pack inserted. So I removed it, cleaned slot-2 a little, put it back on, and it works, even from Sakura. Guess it was a coincidence, as to when it worked, and when it didn't.

Thanks for replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att did offer a $500gc tempting to use it for 6 months and cancel