GBA games don't run @ Sakura

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by stefanol, Jul 19, 2009.

1. stefanol
    OP

stefanol Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 30, 2008
    Poland
    I haven't played my DS for a very long time. Lately, I got back to it. I had one of the first Sakura versions installed on M3Real. The problem appeared, when I tried to run any GBA game. It looked as following

-I boot DS, Sakura loads on
    -I go to GBA games folder, choose one of them
    -The Sakura tries to load the game, GAME BOY logo appears on the screen

and that's it. To add, the GAME BOY logo is the only thing on the screen - similiar effect to when you used to run GBA without a cartridge in it.
    (Just like here: http://www.rankopedia.com/CandidatePix/28943.gif , instead it should be http://www.pugo.org/media/collection/conso...boy_advance.jpg )
    I tried to run TouchPod, but instead I would just get blank screen.

First solution: format microSD, head for older version of firmware, that used to work in the past. I believe it was M3Real Firmware 3.6.x (just a release before they changed GBA saves format). With it, GBA games worked as charm.

Today, I again thought of getting back to Sakura (which is way nicer, especially with Chaos Black)... and problems are back - no GBA game run. I didn't find any mention of it in FAQ, but, maybe someone else figured out what to do in such situation?

Deleting save and conf. files bring no results, both quick/patch give the same effects, no cheat/save state enabled. and yeah, if anyone wonders, I have GBA Expansion Pack.

2. Archimdae

Archimdae GBAtemp Regular

Aug 2, 2008
    United States
    You say you used one of the first sakura versions... Did you try downloading the newest version?

3. stefanol
    OP

stefanol Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 30, 2008
    Poland
    First, when problems occured, it was some old version, probably custom triple-boot.

Second time, I downloaded the newest version of Sakura from FAQ. It gave the same results.

4. DeltaBurnt

DeltaBurnt I'm bored

Feb 21, 2009
    United States
    Where intellect matters
    Try using GBAExploader to run your GBA games.

5. stefanol
    OP

stefanol Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 30, 2008
    Poland
    Apparently it was a hardware problem, and GBAExploader helped me find it out. After running it, it said that there is no GBA Expansion Pack inserted. So I removed it, cleaned slot-2 a little, put it back on, and it works, even from Sakura. Guess it was a coincidence, as to when it worked, and when it didn't.

Thanks for replies.

6. hdofu

hdofu GBAtemp Regular

Oct 4, 2007
    United States
    USA
    it should tell you how much ram you have available when you boot sakura, did it say 0 prior to cleaning it?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice