GBA games and Gateway

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Aglae Pheryl, Sep 29, 2015.

1. Aglae Pheryl
    OP

Aglae Pheryl GBAtemp Regular

Feb 25, 2014
    France
    Hi,

I saw a pack with 100+ GBA games in cia format but it states that the games have to be installed to Sysnand and that they would not run in Emunand.

There's also a folder with what seems to be a couple of firmwares in CIA for O3DS & N3DS.

I very much dislike installing stuff in SysNand and especially a new firmware (I don"t want to screw up for good the usage of the Gateway card). So are these safe to use and what cautious steps shoud I be using in order for everything to go smoothly.

If you could spare a little explanation on why this is not running (I have not dared to even test it) in GW mode, I'd appreciate.

Thanks,

2. A_Random_Guy

A_Random_Guy Officially That Dev

May 22, 2015
    Malaysia
    Smea's closet
    GW mode patches something so that you catn use dsi and gba games. Only cfw can run DSi and GBA in Sysnand and Emunand

3. cracker

cracker Nyah!

Aug 24, 2005
    United States
    You have to run GBA titles in a CFW that supports patched AGB_FIRM and signature patching. To get AGB_FIRM patched see this thread. For help on CFW read the guide for the appropriate CFW for your system.

4. Aglae Pheryl
    OP

Aglae Pheryl GBAtemp Regular

Feb 25, 2014
    France
    Thanks.

What app would you use to install the AGB_FIRM to SysNand ? Would a backup be able to recover if for some reason shit hit the fan ?

5. gbaboy123

gbaboy123 Banned

Banned
    May 14, 2011
    United States
    tree with wi fi
    Hey I have a question a little off thread but in the latest gateway release there is a blucardfix.cia that allows to launch bluecard on newer updates but will it work on the 2ds because I cant run blue card on 2ds thanks

6. hippy dave

hippy dave Butts Butts Megabutts

Apr 30, 2012
    Yeah it will.

7. gbaboy123

gbaboy123 Banned

Banned
    May 14, 2011
    United States
    tree with wi fi
    thanks bro