GBA Flashcart for migrating Pokemon

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by instupituous, Jan 6, 2012.

Jan 6, 2012
  1. instupituous
    OP

Newcomer instupituous Newbie

United Kingdom
    I have a DS Lite that I've been using flashcards with for a while but I've been playing a bit of pokemon lately and the lack of Sapphire/Ruby/Emerald on the DS is a bit of a buzzkill. Looked on ebay and it was inundated with fake carts or dead battery ones. Not my cup of tea. Back on topic, I am tried to do some research into the matter of migrating pokemon from GBA roms to DS carts or flashcard roms but the amount of conflicting information was incredible. I'm hoping some of you guys can help me put this to bed once and for all with what i hope will be personal experiences so I know exactly what to expect.

I'm after a GBA flashcart that'll allow me to migrate pokemon from Red/Green/Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald roms to any DS pokemon game or the flashcard rom with some level of simplicity. I need a new DS flashcard as I gave my acekard 2i to my cousin so if a bundle deal works out better I am open to it. Hope I haven't mumbled on for too long and hopefully someone can help. Thanks

2. ScarletCrystals

Member ScarletCrystals Useless Bunny of Paradise

Canada
    EZ-flash V 3in1 for the slot-2 should work. It acts as a genuine gba cart in NOR mode so you should be able to do transfers off of it. It works with most slot-1 flashcarts these days too.

1 person likes this.
  3. Luigi2012SM64DS

Banned Luigi2012SM64DS G-old member

Canada
    that will never work.

4. instupituous
    OP

Newcomer instupituous Newbie

United Kingdom
    I appreciate the quick responses, hopefully someone can give me a 100% concrete answer so I know what I need to buy.

5. ScarletCrystals

Member ScarletCrystals Useless Bunny of Paradise

Canada
    It does work. Just patch the ds rom with pokepatch first....

http://filetrip.net/...epatch-exe.html

edit: unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a pokepatch for hg/ss. But this method works for d/p/pt.

1 person likes this.
  6. Coto

Member Coto GBAtemp Addict

Chile
    http://gbatemp.net/topic/316349-how-can-i-use-pal-park-with-roms-only/

Check this thread. You need to patch the NDS Game so it can "see" the slot2 flashcard(Pokemon GBA must be in NOR memory).

By default NDS Pokemon games with palpark will detect legal GBA Pokemon Games only, excluding 3rd party devices.

1 person likes this.
  7. Searinox

Member Searinox Just a taste~ ;3

Romania
    1. You can change the dead battery on your own and it's not too difficult.
    2. You can use DeSmuME to migrate pokemon from GBA to DS(dump GBA save to microSD, put GBA SAV and ROM into emulator folder, boot DS pokemon game and migrate).
    3. EZflash 3in1 is about the most common solution you'll find.

I'd go with option 2 since it costs you nothing, unless you intend to also play some GBA titles and believe me there are good ones worth a flashcart.

8. Pong20302000

Member Pong20302000 making notes on everything

Japan
    supercard DSTwo can play GBA roms from slot 1