GBA file playing on NDS

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by kitimonfive4, Jul 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Jul 12, 2009

GBA file playing on NDS by kitimonfive4 at 4:16 PM (1,361 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. kitimonfive4
    OP

Newcomer kitimonfive4 Member

Thailand
    The Nintendo DS cannot play .GBA files from a Slot-1 flashcard unless there is a Slot-2 flashcard too.
    Now, the Nintendo DS should be reading the .GBA files as what it is, a .GBA file.
    In theory, could we convert a .GBA file to a .NDS file? Doing this will effectively make the Nintendo DS read the file as a Nintendo DS file.
    I know that various ideas proposed by people a lot smarter than me are aplenty, and that I'm prolly gonna be flamed to hell for this, but is this a viable option?

2. Elritha

Member Elritha GBAtemp Addict

Canada
    No.. no... no. You should have just done a search, or better yet read this sticky.

You would effectively have to port over a GBA game to the DS. There isn't a simple program to do this as the GBA is different architecture then the DS. You would have to recode it completly.

3. InuYasha

Member InuYasha Professional Coke Fiend

United States
    Hate to break it to you but your not the first to suggest such an idea.....

4. Toni Plutonij

Former Staff Toni Plutonij *has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!

Croatia
    [​IMG]

No such thing possible...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.