gba emulator

Marinus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got a gba emulator on pc and works fine ,but when i add a gameshark code for pokemon fire red, the tm code i get a black screen.
The other codes worked fine without problems.

Any idea whats wrong?

Is there also a pokesav or pokegrn for gba pokemon firered?

Dimensional

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some codes won't work well on those Pokemon games, like Fire Red. You have to look around mostly to find other codes with the same name, in different formats. Mostly they don't work well because of the RNG system that's in the game. Did you use the RNG kill code?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
RNG= random number generator. Pokemon uses such a generator like you might use dice in a board game and some people do not care for that, to that end they have codes which force the output of said RNG to whatever they reckon they want. They might not be called [something] RNG kill but if it is something like always capture pokemon or never have something it could well be one, it might not be but... let us not going into a full discussion of cheat making.
However changing such things can cause unexpected issues with some games, some setups and in some scenarios, I do not know the specifics for pokemon but if Dimensional reckons it could be then I have no reason to doubt him.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I swear like 99% of arcade games wouldn't even exist these days outside of MAME the arcade...