GBA Emulator on R4 3DS V4.5

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Xamrin, Jan 10, 2013.

Jan 10, 2013

GBA Emulator on R4 3DS V4.5 by Xamrin at 4:28 PM (39,466 Views / 0 Likes) 10 replies

1. Xamrin
    OP

Newcomer Xamrin Member

United States
    I've been looking everywhere for an emulator on my flash card. I refuse to believe there is no way to play GBA games on it since I can run GBA on my CELLPHONE.

Can anyone help me out?

2. Ryupower

Member Ryupower Brood

United States
    supercrad ds two can do it
    r4 can not

you are in DS mode when using flash cards NOT 3DS/DSI mode
    supercrad ds two has a extra CpU so it can do more

3. Crystal the Glaceon

Member Crystal the Glaceon GBAtemp Inkling™ Squishies~

Antarctica
    The only GBA emulator for slot-1 cards (that isn't the DSTwo) is this
    http://gbatemp.net/threads/gba-emulator-for-ds-i-dsi-entry.281715/
    It's only ok.

There is a flashcard called the Supecard DSTwo, which has an on-board CPU and ram, so it can emulate GBA games, but the emulator only works on the DSTwo.

The DS actually isn't that strong a system for emulation actually and when running a flashcard on either a 3DS and DSi, you are still in DS-Mode and stuck with the DS limitations.
    Smartphones have way more power behind them from more CPU speed to more ram and thus can actually emulate systems like the GBA and SNES better than the DS ever could.

4. Neo Draven

Member Neo Draven End Boss of the Entire Internet

United States
    Refuse to believe whatever you want, but all you're doing is proving your ignorance. The DS does not have enough RAM to even come close to proper GBA emulation, and the processor that it runs in DS mode is not going to clock over 66mhz.

Your phone is likely at least 600mhz or more. So, of course your phone can run things that DS-mode homebrew cannot.

Either buy a DSTwo, or just suck it up and deal with it. Your disbelief isn't going to magically add more processor power to your 3DS, nor will it magically enable hardware that is incapable of emulating the GBA to do so.

Rydian and The Catboy like this.
  5. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvert™

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    Newsflash: your cell phone is many times more powerful than the DS.

Flash carts run in DS mode. Even if you stick them in a 3DS, they only run with the power of the original 2004-model DS.

DS flash cart homebrew is incredibly weak by today's standards.

The Catboy likes this.
  6. VashTS

Member VashTS Beat it, son

United States
  7. Deltaechoe

Member Deltaechoe The Dopefish

United States
    In theory you would only need comparable specs to the console you are trying to emulate, realistically you need much more powerful hardware

8. VashTS

Member VashTS Beat it, son

United States
    well also in theory i could run the emulator on a slice of white bread, but you get what i was saying. you need much better hardware to emulate something.

9. Xamrin
    OP

Newcomer Xamrin Member

United States
    Very well, thanks for telling me. I guess my expectations were a little high for this thing. Or maybe I'm cranky because I had to wait three weeks for it since it was being shipped out of Hong-Kong.
    Either way thank you for your time.

10. Filipe C Bello dos Santos

Member Filipe C Bello dos Santos Real pirates don't buy fake copies.

Brazil
  11. Deltaechoe

Member Deltaechoe The Dopefish

United States
    No, I'm pointing this out because your use of the phrase in theory is wrong and I'm tired of people saying "in theory" incorrectly. In theory you could have a perfect emulation which would allow for minimal overhead and allow devices of comparable specs to run said emulator. Realistically, emulators are far from perfect and create a substantial processing overhead during translation from the ROM's code to code that can run on said device.