Homebrew GBA Emulator for O3DS?

Tutimane

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
VC is the most popular opinion, but i dont use it, I use the latest build of Retroarch.

1. VC Injections takes longer to load vs retroarch in terms of going from game to game, in retroarch its simple and you change games on the fly in the app. In VC it takes a longer time to go to the system menu when switching games, this takes longer than closing a regular 3ds game.

2. With vc you have to inject games individually, you are limited with the resolution and color brightness when you choose to make the vc title, in retroarch you can make it fullscreen or change the resolution until you see fit and change the color brightness and filtering which includes some nice filters.

3. Retroarch Features Fast forwarding, slowmotion, save states, lists all the games, rewinding and cheats. most likely a lot more than ive noticed.

I suggest VC for a few games, if you have a library or play multiple systems then i suggest the latest retroarch build.

Last edited by Tutimane,

Dracari

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
VC is the most popular opinion, but i dont use it, I use the latest build of Retroarch.

1. VC Injections takes longer to load vs retroarch in terms of going from game to game, in retroarch its simple and you change games on the fly in the app. In VC it takes a longer time to go to the system menu when switching games, this takes longer than closing a regular 3ds game.

2. With vc you have to inject games individually, you are limited with the resolution and color brightness when you choose to make the vc title, in retroarch you can make it fullscreen or change the resolution until you see fit and change the color brightness and filtering which includes some nice filters.

3. Retroarch Features Fast forwarding, slowmotion, save states, lists all the games, rewinding and cheats. most likely a lot more than ive noticed.

I suggest VC for a few games, if you have a library or play multiple systems then i suggest the latest retroarch build.
re-read his sig, he's got a O3DS, if he had an N3DS then RetroArch would be viable but for him VC Injects is the only "Playable" option unless the Op wants to play at half the framerate or Less.

Reactions: TankedThomas

Xanthe

Costco Executive Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Definitely VC injections for the O3DS if you truly want to enjoy GBA games. Makes them look like authentic "from the e-store" virtual console too when seen from the home menu

Dracari

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shoulda mentioned yea only other downside to VC's your going to haveto contend w/ since you have an O3DS, is games that save are a crapshoot if its not SRAM (theres a conversion patch built into the GBA VC injector but some games that patch breaks em and some games do infact lag.) however VC injects > GBA Emulation on O3DS in terms of games that play at full FPS

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
any gud gaymeboi emulators for the 3ds?

EDIT
gameboy advanced :P
To actually answer your question, yes, MGBA exist, but people prefer to use virtual console injections, which requires Custom firmware (IF you have it.) IF not, them emulators don't work as well, to be honest GBA as a whole on 3DS is bad, not every game works or can be played without issue, which is why only a handful of VC exist on eshop. Also i think nintendo may abandon 3DS VC on 3DS which wasn't even as good as WII U cause it was done a lot better. Stuff like the Super mario advance 4 ALL E-READER LEVELS patch or mega man battle network Secret trade chips patch, stuff like that make it worth it a bit more than usual. :)

B451CW11M0DD3R

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks and lol

also all i wanna play is Mario golf advanced tour
to bring back dem memories even though i have the new one
i just prefer the old ones soundtrack and i had it as a child :)

Trophies
XP
Country
France
How the hell are GBA emulators slow on the o3DS? I have a TI-Nspire CX CAS Calculator with an ARMv9@148MHz and 64MB RAM and I get almost full speed with a port of GPSP... And the o3DS is like... 100 times more powerful?

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How the hell are GBA emulators slow on the o3DS? I have a TI-Nspire CX CAS Calculator with an ARMv9@148MHz and 64MB RAM and I get almost full speed with a port of GPSP... And the o3DS is like... 100 times more powerful?
No optimization exists for the o3DS, so it is slow.

hellionz

Trophies
XP
Country
inyection....emulation dont work so well on 3ds....its a shame .

I think that emulation could work better than PSP (where work flawlesly) But GPSP have serious problems with dynarec...at least on N3DS...on old...foget better emulation

the only problem im encountered with inyection is the really bad resolution (enormous pixels) ...and have no filters to resolve it

EDIT: GBArunner , if you have a DS flashcard, could be an alternative...but is so soon for it

greetings

Last edited by hellionz,

shafty710

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
So...by the comments on this thread:

[GBA]
N3DS Retroarch > N3DS VC Injection
O3DS Retroarch < O3DS VC Injection

Correct? What about SNES on N3DS? Do you prefer VC Injections or an emulator?

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So...by the comments on this thread:

[GBA]
N3DS Retroarch > N3DS VC Injection
O3DS Retroarch < O3DS VC Injection

Correct? What about SNES on N3DS? Do you prefer VC Injections or an emulator?
The standalone port of SNES9x (optimized for old3ds but works on new) is the best way to play SNES imo.
If you want it on the homemenu you can use oldSNES

shafty710

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
The standalone port of SNES9x (optimized for old3ds but works on new) is the best way to play SNES imo.
If you want it on the homemenu you can use oldSNES

I use SNES9x for my O3DS. Those guys really did a great job at giving us O3DS users a good SNES experience.

I ask on N3DS because I'm fixing to hack my brothers N3DS. Unlike me, he has the option of running SNES through VC Injection. As I'm getting everything ready, the question hit me: "Hmm...is VC Injection better or running through emulator?". Hence, how I found this thread :D

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use SNES9x for my O3DS. Those guys really did a great job at giving us O3DS users a good SNES experience.

I ask on N3DS because I'm fixing to hack my brothers N3DS. Unlike me, he has the option of running SNES through VC Injection. As I'm getting everything ready, the question hit me: "Hmm...is VC Injection better or running through emulator?". Hence, how I found this thread :D
SNES9x for old3ds runs better on a new 3ds, (and supports a few chips VC doesn't). I would totally recommend it

Reactions: shafty710

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night