GBA emulating?

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Sliter, Mar 21, 2016.

1. Sliter
    OP

Sliter GBAtemp Addict

Dec 7, 2013
    Brazil
    ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
    I mean, I know there are an very good gba emulator on wii, but I mean a way to play from a retail cart on a gba, with a Nintendo GameCube->Game Boy Advance cable, it's possible? I think that would be a nice feature..

2. sup3rgh0st

sup3rgh0st Top Tier Ghost

Apr 22, 2010
    United States
    If you're asking if a gba attached to a Wii via the gamecube-to-gba link cable can act like a Game Boy Player, that would be currently impossible. That kind of data isn't compatible through the link cable.

3. Sliter
    OP

Sliter GBAtemp Addict

Dec 7, 2013
    Brazil
    ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
    really? how does the pokemon box RS work? I heard that you can play everything there if you change the header for the one of an pokemon game xD just like on Gb tower and the gb games...

4. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    Pokemon Box emulates that game. It doesn't transfer it through the cable. The Game Boy Player had GBA hardware in it.

5. Sliter
    OP

Sliter GBAtemp Addict

Dec 7, 2013
    Brazil
    ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
    so only read the save?
    they tell pokemon stadium do the same but can if you use the pokemon reader in another game, it can be played there, one time I saw about pokemon Box being alike but never saw/looked for proof ...

well if not possble, what about using the GBA as controller for the emulator?or possibility of save read/write if playing the same game?