GBA Confuzzlment ><

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by EJames2100, Oct 17, 2008.

Oct 17, 2008

GBA Confuzzlment >< by EJames2100 at 8:18 PM (1,085 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. EJames2100
    OP

Member EJames2100 GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Hi all, the console I have is a Nintendo GBA SP(One of these things this guy is holding lol) [​IMG]

As you all are aware people hack ROMS on the net and release patches to download and play the hack, now the questions;

If I patch the file can it go onto Flash Card and play successfully on my GBA ?

2nd would anyone recommend what I'd need to buy and where from ?

So Far All I know is I need a Flash Card and a USB cable, does this mean I can open My Computer and the Flash Card from there, drag my GBA files onto and put it in my GBA and play ?

I have read a few of the posts but I get confused by most of the stuff there [​IMG]

Hope you can help [​IMG]

~EJ~

2. EJames2100
    OP

Member EJames2100 GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Big Bump lol

I've learned very little about this so far [​IMG]

All I need to know is what to use for games like Pokémon(So I know I need Real-Time Clock), Fire Emblem, Golden Sun, Harry Potter and Final Fantasy and I dunno if I'll play anything else, maybe Yu-Gi-Oh.

Any help appreciated [​IMG]

Just noticed that this is in the wrong forum >< Could a mod move it please ?

3. Sportsmaniac1322

Member Sportsmaniac1322 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    I'll reply to this even though it's in the wrong section. First of all, you need a DS [​IMG]. Second, yeah hacked ROMs will play perfect on your GBA. GBA flash carts should be pretty cheap. Just search around. And make sure you don't get anything "Lite" because those will only work on DS Lites.

4. raulpica

Supervisor raulpica With your drill, thrust to the sky!

Italy
    There aren't almost any RTC-enabled GBA flashcarts remaining out there, but if you pay big bucks, you can get an M3 Perfect miniSD from ic2005, if I remember correctly.

Otherwise, say bye to RTC and get an Extreme Flash Advance, which you can get for cheap from DealExtreme [​IMG]

5. Sportsmaniac1322

United States
    If you can find one, from what I've heard the EZ-Flash III is your best choice. It has RTC (real time clock) and RTS (real time save) plus it has built in memory, so you don't need to worry about memory cards. Don't worry about running out of memory either. It's memory is big enough to hold more than enough ROMs.

6. Sportsmaniac1322

United States
    RTS was never really important to me, so if I were him I wouldn't worry about that. RTC is a must though.

7. Sportsmaniac1322

United States
    Since I play a lot of Pokemon games, the only time you can't save is in the middle of a battle, and they usually don't take too long. Pokemon uses RTC for different things. While not being a game breaker, it's still a useful feature. The only game where RTS is useful that I play is Mario and Luigi (where I will admit that it comes in handy). I guess it just depends on the person and what kinds of GBA games he plays.

8. Sportsmaniac1322

United States
    OR you could get the best of both worlds and play ShinyGold! [​IMG]