GBA Cheats on m3 Sakura

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by Hebon, Mar 10, 2011.

Mar 10, 2011

GBA Cheats on m3 Sakura by Hebon at 3:39 AM (2,093 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. Hebon
    OP

Member Hebon Dabbling in the videogamagical

United States
    I am very frustrated.

I am the owner of a M3 Real cart (running Sakura) that I use frequently. Recently, I have been trying to get cheats for some of the GBA games I have. Unfortunately, everything I find regarding how to get them to work are ridiculously in-depth.

I am looking for some answers. I would like to be able to take Action Replay codes and SIMPLY convert them to some format that is usable.

Could someone please help me with this. I have researched this extensively, so unless you are positive something will answer my question, I would prefer a answer over a link.

THank you.

2. how_do_i_do_that

Member how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

Antarctica
    Steps:
    1. download the cheat files : http://cheats.gbatemp.net/GBA/
    2. identify and copy them to the same directory as your current GBA game on the microSDHC.
    3. Turn on your DS with the Real/Zero and M3 GEP.
    4. navigate to the GBA, click and drag it so you edit the settings.
    5. pick the cheat file you just copied, pick any additional settings you want like RTS and fast load.
    6. run the game. the cheat menu will load. pick your options, then play.

You might have to edit the cht file and match the name of the game to the cheat file.

Warning: Spoilers inside!

3. Hebon
    OP

United States
    Thanks for the fast reply, but I've already tried that. Most of the cheats I want are either untranslated, or I can't understand them. It would be easier if I could just make a .cht or .dat for my games of choice.

4. powered_by_tux

Member powered_by_tux GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    Making your own GBA .cht files is definitely the best option because the large collection is badly translated, unfortunately. I recommend you to read this wiki article. It has greatly helped me to understand the M3 GBA cheat code format. Keep in mind that it is far easier to convert cheats to the M3 format if they exist in the CodeBreaker or a generic format used by emulators. You need to convert Action Replay codes to such a format first, before further converting them to the M3 format.

5. Hebon
    OP

United States
    I've already read that as well. It just seems over the top that I need to do this much work for one game... I mean, sometimes, my cheats don't even work when I do that.

6. how_do_i_do_that

Member how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

Antarctica
    The last one is mostly in english.

If your not going to take the time to guess at what the non translated ones are, you might as well give up. The cheat file system of the EZ-Flash and M3 are pretty much the same, they use the cht file. Unless you got a real AR/codebreaker/GS, you are not going to get very far. Everybody stopped working on the cheat system for the GBA when the GBA dev ended in 2007, you don't got any other choice but to use cheat system.

http://cheats.gbatemp.net/GBA/files/4-27-09_GBA-CHEATS.zip

7. Hebon
    OP

United States
    Alright, thanks.