Ben_j

OP
Trophies
Website
www.nintendo-gamers.net
XP
Country
France
I just bought a GameBoy Pocket with the goal to make 8bit music with Nanoloop/LSDj, but the nanoloop cartidge is really expensive so I just want to flash the rom to a blank GB cartidge.

The problem is I have no idea what kind of cartidges exists for the GB, what are their name, what is the cheapest, and where to find them, etc...

So I'd need some advice here !
rolleyes.gif
Thanks

cutterjohn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just bought a GameBoy Pocket with the goal to make 8bit music with Nanoloop/LSDj, but the nanoloop cartidge is really expensive so I just want to flash the rom to a blank GB cartidge.

The problem is I have no idea what kind of cartidges exists for the GB, what are their name, what is the cheapest, and where to find them, etc...

So I'd need some advice here !Â
rolleyes.gif
 Thanks
If you ever track any down, let me know too, and I'll do the same as I look around for them or at least bridge cards for the GBA now and then, but with no luck so far.

(I'm really wishing that I wasn't such a cheap bastard about 7y ago and forked out $150 or so for a flash cart and bridge card back then...)

Especially since now some of my real cart batteries are dying, e.g. Final Fantasy Legends III battery is dead, and I've got no soldering iron ATM, and even if I did I'm no expert solderer and am not sure that I'd want to risk damaging the cart as I'd never be able to find a replacement now.

[EDIT]
I found this http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=71675 thread, and it looks like the place linked to still is selling some GB flash carts, but they're still freaking expensive, c. $100
[/EDIT]

total_split

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There was a device called the GB bridge back in the later bung days. It was an action replay looking thing where you put your GBA cart (flashed with GB roms) into your gameboy/gameboy color. It might be easier to track down than a GB flashcart these days, and it might work with the current gen GBA/NDS slot2 carts.

legendofphil

Phil no Densetsu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
total_split said:
There was a device called the GB bridge back in the later bung days. It was an action replay looking thing where you put your GBA cart (flashed with GB roms) into your gameboy/gameboy color. It might be easier to track down than a GB flashcart these days, and it might work with the current gen GBA/NDS slot2 carts.

I doubt it, I have one and AFAIK it only works with F2A carts. Plus I think it only works with the GB Color, I know it doesn't work the original brick GB.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Didn't the Gameboy Bridge only allow you to run GB and GBC games on a GBA, thus becoming the only way aside from software emulators to run GBC roms on a GBA?

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My bad, I never owned one so I was incorrect in my assumption of what plugs into what. It looks like you can indeed use it on the old GB and GBC.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: