War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
"Reader Supa_S just received this email update from Amazon…

'Hello from Amazon.com.

We are sorry to report that we will not be able to obtain the following item(s) from your order:

'Gauntlet'
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00161G20Y

Though we had expected to be able to send this item to you, we’ve since found that it is not available from any of our sources at this time. We realize this is disappointing news to hear, and we apologize for the inconvenience we have caused you.'

With all the trouble that Midway is going through, we may end up seeing Gauntlet DS canned. I sure hope that’s not the case."

Source

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The official Nintendo Magazine reviewed it very low. Like around 20%. It might not be any good.

I liked the N64 game though.
frown.gif

m3rox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
granville said:
The official Nintendo Magazine reviewed it very low. Like around 20%. It might not be any good.

frown.gif

Nintendo Power is the only official Nintendo magazine.
wink.gif

Really I don't think this title would sell well on the DS, and Midway is needing as much money as they can get right now. So I wouldn't be surprised if it gets cancelled.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
granville said:

frown.gif
Actually it was more like 53% while Retro Gamer gave it something like 85%. I trust their view more than ONM. Also its been said that RG had a newer version of the game and since its October date was delayed the game has had more development time.

Dunno what Midway has to do with this game as its Eidos who are releasing it and still have the game listed for release in Europe. Most UK retail sites have the game listed for March 7th.

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
Load of rubbish: just because Amazon aren't taking preorders for a game doesn't mean it's never coming out. Amazon UK aren't taking preorders for Order of Eccelsia, and that's definitely out next week.

Actually looking at it Amazon UK are still taking orders for Gauntlet (link).

Amazon don't like to have orders outstanding for too long. The OP doesn't state how long ago he placed the order, or how many times the release date has changed since then. If anything, this implies that the release date might be about to slip again.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hadrian Uranium said:
granville said:

frown.gif
Actually it was more like 53% while Retro Gamer gave it something like 85%. I trust their view more than ONM. Also its been said that RG had a newer version of the game and since its October date was delayed the game has had more development time.

Dunno what Midway has to do with this game as its Eidos who are releasing it and still have the game listed for release in Europe. Most UK retail sites have the game listed for March 7th.

Nintendo Power (in the issue I have sitting in front of me anyway) gave Gauntlet a 7.5.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night