Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Eidos announced some time ago that it was working on a DS version of the classic Arcade/NES game Gauntlet.

The DS game will use both screens as on big screen (like Contra 4), run on a 3D engine and support to local and online multiplayer with voice chat support! The game is also supposed to have 40 different maps and 32 different enemies.. if I remember well, the NES version had more than 100 levels, but some were really small
tongue.gif

source and screenshots: http://uk.ds.ign.com/articles/864/864730p1.html

I played a lot of Gauntlet on my old NES, it was amazing for its time and the multiplayer was really fun, another DS game to look forward to
wub.gif

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
not bad but i want gaunlet 4 to be ported to the ds instead, that was the best game in the series imo, the game never works in 3D either, thats what they are getting wrong.

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
Entered this thread full of dread, but looking at the link it actually looks quite promising. I agree about 3D wrecking the last Gaunlet game (I didn't play the GBA one for long because it just didn't feel like Gauntlet), so 3D top-down is a good compromise. And much love for supporting multiplayer, that was the best part of it. It never mattered how far you got or if you died horribly because it was just plain fun to play with a mate. (last summer we stuck it on invincible and lost an entire afternoon, fantastic stuff).

It'll never live up to the original, but at least it's batting in the right direction.
smile.gif

And remember kids, don't shoot food
smile.gif

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jalaneme said:
the game never works in 3D either, thats what they are getting wrong.
I disagree. Many a long weekends were lost playing through Gauntlet Legends on the N64 with 2 or 3 of my mates.

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is this like Gauntlet Legends on N64? I remember I used to love playing that game with my cousins.

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
I never played Gauntlet but it looks like a nice game.
I'll probably have my DSL by then so I'll make sure to give this a go.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
More screens: http://www.gamekult.com/images/J000088335/

I'm hoping for something good. The DS is finally getting some great retro titles with Legend of Kage 2, Arkanoid & Space Invaders Extreme all being released this year and all pretty damn good. Shame I didn't like Bangai-O Spirits, I tried but its nothing like the original for me. Thought the PSP was gonna hog them all.

EDIT: The developers DS background is kind ahit and miss:
Age of Empires: The Age of Kings (good though not what I wanted for a AoE game)
Charlotte's Web (terrible)
Death Jr. and the Science Fair of Doom (terrible)
MechAssault: Phantom War (Could've been good if it wasn't for the controls)
Monster Lab (Looks promising)

They also do a lot on other consoles, particularly PSP but I've only played the two Sonic Rivals and Death JR games which for me were ok. They are also working on Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo HD Remix 360 for Capcom.

Szyslak

Nudibranch Lover
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Please, Jebus, let them actually deliver on wi-fi co-op.

I don't understand how no-one can accomplish wi-fi co-op (DE excluded), but this game is touted as having co-op and voice chat. I daresay that would be awesome.

Panzer Tacticer

veteran human
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That game ate a lot of my quarters back in 92.

But I always liked playing it.

I hope they don't deliver us a mangled version. Too many games seem lobotomized when they arrive on the DS.

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
*Is one very happy little teafairy* It looks awesome! Really gonna be keeping an eye on this one now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ