Hacking Gateway v2.0B2 Now Available

tyons

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So basicly don't play Pokemon now if you want loose your Saves, as the 2.0 Final will surely use 6.X Crypt Keys and we using now <6.X Keys as I read.

somebody should ask this to GW team. I'm gonna soft-reset to get a shiny froakie so I don't want to lose the save in case I find it before the 2.0 final.

Sentinell

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
So, stupid question, but: what exactly has been gained in 2.0b2? Improved stability and support for 7.1.
Does getting 7.1 do anything? Any new features because of it?

ATypicalSe7en

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From what I notice here are some difference I've seen from 2.01B to 2.02b
1) No more static screen when entering gateway mode/emunand
2) A bit of a longer loading time maybe 2-3 more second But after 3-4 tries it did not freeze like 2.01b would while loading Gateway mode which is a great gain then loss.
3) Region Spoofing now works again and while loading out of a game after saving there seems too be no more freezing while exiting which is a huge plus for me as no more worrying about loss of progress.
4)Like everyone said Eshop works again; All new addition such as Miiverse works
5) Going to system settings does not freeze at the 3DS logo anymore but does leave Gateway mode.
6) You can update the plaza V3.3 now nothing new except you can buy new games for Street passes/Plaza and you get a free Mario pixel hat. Change hat became change outfit which I am assuming the new games gives outfits now :D But for me at least the system freezes when trying to look up the price for the new plaza games so watch out! It however works when choosing to buy at the first option which in turn if you never brought one gives you an option to buy 4 of them for $15 instead of $20 if you round $4.99 a piece
7) I lost my current Mii plaza data no idea why, I guess the new plaza does not work with my original So if anyone can find a fix for this I would be grateful! :)

Hey, sorry if i sound stupid. Very new to all this. Basically if I have gateway, a 4.5 3DS.. can Is till play Pokemon if I buy it retail? If so, how? What is this Emunand thing? I have tried to read to get my head around it but its all so foriegn to me! Can you still play online on legit games you buy?

Yes you can play retail in Classic mode with all the latest games. Emunand is what it names says to emulate the system Nand so instead of Updating our Original System Nand we use a copy of that Nand in our SD card to update instead receiving access to the Eshop and all the latest feature while keeping our original Nand to 4.1-4.5 .

Is it best to update the previous 6.x emuNAND partition?
Or it best to start fresh with a new SD card and make a new emuNAND for 7.1 from scratch?

I chose to formatted my Emunand Through Gateway GUI to be safe and updated after. The new 7 Seems better to me

Midnight Tboy

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm still on 1.1

As I'm not interested in using retail carts in mine.....nor the internet side of things....so I basically just want to load and play the roms.

I read that updating and using the emunand is an optional step. For the new GW version, do I still have to go through the motions of formatting the SD card etc to create the partitions etc....or can I basically just ignore all of that, keep my SD data on a single partition, copy over the latest launcher.dat and play away?

Reactions: Karze

Shotkill17

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Gateway Final 2.0 is coming 2014
https://twitter.com/Gateway3DS

1. Gateway 3DS@Gateway3DS
    1h
    The new firmware v2.0b2 includes many stability tweaks and emuNAND compatibility for 3DS firmware 7.0/7.1. Download: http://www.gateway-3ds.com/downloads.html
    Öffnen
  2. Tim Geßler@Shotkill19
    1h
    @Gateway3DS Will the Final Firmware 2.0 came 2013 or 2014 ?
    Öffnen
  3. Gateway 3DS@Gateway3DS
    6m
    @Shotkill19 Probably next year, because we won't work during the holidays.

ehnoah

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Is Nintendo Zone = Streetpass? Because I can connect to it via "spoof" but it seems Streetpass at all not working.

Not get any Visitor to my Street Pass Plaza Minigame :-(

PS: Finaly it worked with Eshop so I was able to register my New Shiny DS which Mean I get Mario Bros for free! <3!

So I got now 2 Free Games from Nintendo! :D (with Pokemon I got 3D Land and for register 3DS I get Mario Bros!)

ATypicalSe7en

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm still on 1.1

As I'm not interested in using retail carts in mine.....nor the internet side of things....so I basically just want to load and play the roms.

I read that updating and using the emunand is an optional step. For the new GW version, do I still have to go through the motions of formatting the SD card etc to create the partitions etc....or can I basically just ignore all of that, keep my SD data on a single partition, copy over the latest launcher.dat and play away?
Emunand is optional so you do not need to format your SD card so the only thing you need to do is replace the old launcher with the new one.

Is Nintendo Zone = Streetpass? Because I can connect to it via "spoof" but it seems Streetpass at all not working.

PS: Finaly it worked with Eshop so I was able to register my New Shiny DS which Mean I get Mario Bros for free! <3!

So I got now 2 Free Games from Nintendo! :D (with Pokemon I got 3D Land and for register 3DS I get Mario Bros!)

Street passes still works fine for me on the latest update but it does not carry over to my original Nand for some reason.

Midnight Tboy

Trophies
XP
Country
thanks bud :) I'm assuming I don't lose any rom game compatibility with it - might change further down the line I suspect, but no point for myself yet really....other than just for the sake of it :)

tyons

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

wait wait, how? I might be able to get them too!

krzz

Trophies
XP
Country
France

1h
    The new firmware v2.0b2 includes many stability tweaks and emuNAND compatibility for 3DS firmware 7.0/7.1. Download: http://www.gateway-3ds.com/downloads.htmlÖffnen
  2. Koala_normal.jpg
    Tim Geßler@Shotkill19
    1h
    @Gateway3DS Will the Final Firmware 2.0 came 2013 or 2014 ?Öffnen
  3. 0787abc76664650bc17781cf6c10edcf_normal.png
    Gateway 3DS@Gateway3DS
    6m

haha.

MichiS97

"Leftist snowflake milennial"
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

1h
    The new firmware v2.0b2 includes many stability tweaks and emuNAND compatibility for 3DS firmware 7.0/7.1. Download: http://www.gateway-3ds.com/downloads.html
    Öffnen
  2. Tim Geßler@Shotkill19
    1h
    @Gateway3DS Will the Final Firmware 2.0 came 2013 or 2014 ?
    Öffnen
  3. Gateway 3DS@Gateway3DS
    6m
Since when do they have an official twitter page? I doubt the credibility of this. However, I don't believe it'll be released in 2013 anyway

3DSGuy

No longer in scene
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So basicly don't play Pokemon now if you want loose your Saves, as the 2.0 Final will surely use 6.X Crypt Keys and we using now <6.X Keys as I read.
Sorry to burst your bubble, but that's not going to be possible. EmuNAND 6.0+ doesn't use <6.X savegame keys, rather it uses the wrong keys. And no work around is possible while sysNAND is at firmware 4.1-4.5

Reactions: Coto and profi200

profi200

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
They can promise, what they want. The only way to get the right savegame KeyY is brute forcing. Don't expect from them, that they get this working. The key never leaves the hardware.

Reactions: Coto

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9w_UTPpHjg