Hacking Gateway v2.0B2 Now Available

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Because that's what happened in beta 1. When i tried to load the game with my existing save, it said that it was corrupted. So I could only play it on a legit updated system.
did it corrupt your save, or just say it was corrupted and not allow you to play it? (as in, could you still play it on another 3ds?)
edit, i understand, i think :) good that you and the other people didn't actually lose their saves!

Jay.T

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
did it corrupt your save, or just say it was corrupted and not allow you to play it? (as in, could you still play it on another 3ds?)
edit, i understand, i think :) good that you and the other people didn't actually lose their saves!
Indeed it is. I can tell you that I almost had a heart attack when it told me my save was corrupt ;)

Reactions: cearp

andibad

Soon™
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Same here, I'm using a class 10 SD but still took some time, at first I thought it has crashed but no...

but for now is load bit faster than first time load emunand 7.1, but still slower than emunand 6.3 and emunand 4.4. but i not care with that since is working.... i used class 10 too. i was think the problem is from launcher, on checking part to make sure is not update on your sysnand.

anon123857438

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is there an easy way to format the emunand partition in Windows? I try use disk management and it doesn't give me the option, should I just boot in to a live cd and use GParted?

anon123857438

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cheers, I ended up using G-Parted though. Slightly off topic -- does anyone know if friends codes are persistent through formats / updates if you activate your friends code on your real nand first?

Edit; I activated my friend code on my realnand before updating emunand from a fresh nand dump and the friend code was the same on the emunand as realnand.

hypertek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there still region lock? i would still love to try braverly default. =)

So far i see an improvement. I put the launcher on my sd, with my 7.0 emunand and can access the settings menu, as well as the games i had issues with (showing japanese language instead of english now seem to work).

What is the best way to update to 7.1? should i back up my save files, and reformat emunand than update?

Ennea

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
nvm , i ended up updating from 7 to 7.1 , trying now.

Would still like to know about the region lock though

For ROM images, Gateway hasn't had region lock ever since 1.1a, I think. Not sure about retail carts, but I believe they are still region locked.

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
off-topic, but was dstwo blocked with 7.1? or still working after upgrading to firmware v1.25'?
If it works on 7.0, it works on 7.1, this is indeed off topic but was already confirmed in the dstwo thread(s).

On another note: we have a nice sticky thread about 3ds flashcards support and update, shouldn't this whole conversation be in there?

aofelix

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey, sorry if i sound stupid. Very new to all this. Basically if I have gateway, a 4.5 3DS.. can Is till play Pokemon if I buy it retail? If so, how? What is this Emunand thing? I have tried to read to get my head around it but its all so foriegn to me! Can you still play online on legit games you buy?

ehnoah

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So basicly don't play Pokemon now if you want loose your Saves, as the 2.0 Final will surely use 6.X Crypt Keys and we using now <6.X Keys as I read.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol