Hacking Gateway v2.0B2 Now Available

solarsaturn9

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does this mean if I've never used a GW before and my 3DS is on 7.1 I can use it? Or do I still have to start out with a 4.5 firmware before I can use it?

KidIce

Smart Ass
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oddly enough, one of the things I'm happiest about, is now that my emuNAND is on 7+ there is now a green MiiVerse icon on the home screen in the top right corner that alerts me to the fact that I'm running in GW mode... No checking system settings or any of the other things that might eject me from GW mode and so on... One more safe guard and one more way to tell. Don't know how many times I've socketed the GW and it wasn't recognized... Every once in a while it's 'cause of a connection issue (dirt), but more often than not (after multiple eject/insert/etc) it's because for one reason or another I didn't realize the exploit was no longer running.

Drenn

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Apparentely the GBA emulator of the 3DS is related to DS mode.

Well, AGB_FIRM (gba mode) is like a parallel to TWL_FIRM (ds mode). Emunand only works with NATIVE_FIRM (3ds mode).

ds and gba mode could probably be supported, but it would be more work...

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I wonder if Gateway could add compatibility for DS games? Seeing that they fixed the DS profile on the emuNAND of this second beta, perhaps this is not impossible.

juins

Trophies
XP
Country
off-topic, but was dstwo blocked with 7.1? or still working after upgrading to firmware v1.25'?

Edit, also, now that 7.1 emunand is working, whats more stable atm. 6.3 vs 7.1?

Idaho

Trophies
XP
Country
France

This update did not intend to be compatible with pokemon, you'll have to wait until real 2.0 to be released...

I wonder if Gateway could add compatibility for DS games? Seeing that they fixed the DS profile on the emuNAND of this second beta, perhaps this is not impossible.

Yeah I was thinking the same, that'd be great imo, or even better we could launch DS games and homebrews from the gateway itself...

sonic2756

Friendly Neighborhood Wolf
Trophies
Website
www.keenbrigade.com
XP
Country
United States
So there's no way I can play those GBA ambassador games? That was kinda the whole point of me updating my other 3DS :/.

Edit: Shot GW team an email, hope they can include it!

Jay.T

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Does anyone know if retail Pokemon will work in classic mode WITHOUT corrupting my existing save from legit 6.x?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Back when I was playing kakarot I looked up one little guide now all I see is dbz stuff