Hacking Gateway to luma3ds help please

propman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, I've not used my new 3ds for a few years, it's on 9.2.0 e, i think I downgraded it to that.
I had been using a gateway card and would like to ditch that and change to luma3ds custom firmware. What would be the easiest method to do this. I think I have homebrew launcher 1.1 already installed, because to access gateway card I hold down left shoulder button powering up and it starts homebrew launcher.
Any help will be appreciated.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
  1. Install custom firmware using soundhax: 3ds.hacks.guide - Get Started
    • If there is a step about updating the 3DS firmware, hold off from doing so just yet.
  2. With the 3DS firmware still on 9.2.0-20E, back up the game saves + extdata from the Gateway flashcart with Checkpoint, JKSM, or SaveDataFiler (official Nintendo SDK save manager).
  3. Update the 3DS firmware to 11.9.0-42E through System Settings.
If you have any 3DS games in the *.3ds format (not *.3dz), convert these into *.cia and install them with FBI.

Reactions: Quantumcat

lAkdaOpeKA

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
  1. Install custom firmware using soundhax: 3ds.hacks.guide - Get Started
    • If there is a step about updating the 3DS firmware, hold off from doing so just yet.
  2. With the 3DS firmware still on 9.2.0-20E, back up the game saves + extdata from the Gateway flashcart with Checkpoint, JKSM, or SaveDataFiler (official Nintendo SDK save manager).
  3. Update the 3DS firmware to 11.9.0-42E through System Settings.
If you have any 3DS games in the *.3ds format (not *.3dz), convert these into *.cia and install them with FBI.
So JKSM/Checkpoint work with Gateway?

Saitel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, I have similar problem, although back then I stupidly updated emunand to 11.3/11.4, I don't remember anymore. It was just when Gateway team abandoned their project and I haven't touched my 3DS ever since... Eh. I want to move my save files and NNID if possible. I used both .3ds games and installed .cia. I know .3ds games has .sav save files, but I'm not sure if it's the same for .cia games too? Can I extract saves while not being able to open my emunand?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Hi, I have similar problem, although back then I stupidly updated emunand to 11.3/11.4, I don't remember anymore. It was just when Gateway team abandoned their project and I haven't touched my 3DS ever since... Eh. I want to move my save files and NNID if possible. I used both .3ds games and installed .cia. I know .3ds games has .sav save files, but I'm not sure if it's the same for .cia games too? Can I extract saves while not being able to open my emunand?
First make a NAND backup of your emuNAND. Downgrade your emuNAND to 9.2 by following https://3ds.guide/ctrtransfer using the 9.2 file from https://quantumcat1.github.io/9.2.0-ctrtransfer and on your emuNAND not your sysNAND. You'll be able to extract the save files of the Gateway games using the steps above. When you are fully on Luma3DS and not Gateway, restore the emuNAND backup as sysNAND (this should bring back your installed game save files). Then inject all the save files you extracted from the Gateway games. You should have a your save files back.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    straferz @ straferz: Anybody know why this is happening to my ACWW town...