Hacking Gateway time machine mashed up my 3ds

Scooby2a

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Hey all.
Don't you just hate it that even though you have a 3ds and its working perfectly you can't help noticing this ar9loader thing and wanting to instal on your 3ds.
Well i tried and it fried my 3ds.
I was on 9.0 n3ds
My emunand also on 9.0
I don't do online gaming hence why I remained in it.
I followed the tut on gateways site to use time machine etc but its locked me out of my 3ds
It's been updated to 9.2 and when I try to downgrade to 2x I keep getting an error that I need to have emunand. I do have emunand. In fact I tried it linked and unlincked but get same error. Also after the nvram instal from the blue card gateway I cannot access gateway from the nds menu. (Settings profile nds )
I installed it also from gateway menu using browserhax to access it but it doesn't work.
I'm stuck.
I injected my old emunand backup which was 9.0 but that doesn't help also
Any ideas??

Thaulos

Trophies
XP
Country
the 9.2 does not support the nds profile exploit which works on 4.x, access the gateway through the browser

Plus the tutorials should be easy to follow, did you download the pack which contains 2 folders and a text file in it? from the gateway site

Last edited by Thaulos,

Scooby2a

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
the 9.2 does not support the nds profile exploit which works on 4.x, access the gateway through the browser

Plus the tutorials should be easy to follow, did you download the pack which contains 2 folders and a text file in it? from the gateway site
Uep

Yep. Followed it. I can't even downgrade to 9.0 or upgrade to 10.3 as per time machine.
It keeps saying I need emunand.

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Hey all.
Don't you just hate it that even though you have a 3ds and its working perfectly you can't help noticing this ar9loader thing and wanting to instal on your 3ds.
Well i tried and it fried my 3ds.
I was on 9.0 n3ds
My emunand also on 9.0
I don't do online gaming hence why I remained in it.
I followed the tut on gateways site to use time machine etc but its locked me out of my 3ds
It's been updated to 9.2 and when I try to downgrade to 2x I keep getting an error that I need to have emunand. I do have emunand. In fact I tried it linked and unlincked but get same error. Also after the nvram instal from the blue card gateway I cannot access gateway from the nds menu. (Settings profile nds )
I installed it also from gateway menu using browserhax to access it but it doesn't work.
I'm stuck.
I injected my old emunand backup which was 9.0 but that doesn't help also
Any ideas??
It might be too late, but this is what you should have followed.
https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
Gateway method is unstable, feature deficient, and dangerous. Not recommended by 15/10 homebrew experts.

Sorry for your loss.

Thaulos

Trophies
XP
Country
It might be too late, but this is what you should have followed.
https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
Gateway method is unstable, feature deficient, and dangerous. Not recommended by 15/10 homebrew experts.

Sorry for your loss.

I back him on that too, I tried the gateway and the installer did not load plus it was complicated to load it through the sysnand

so i paid for a downgrade service to make it possible to install the proper a9lh again

Scooby2a

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
I back him on that too, I tried the gateway and the installer did not load plus it was complicated to load it through the sysnand

so i paid for a downgrade service to make it possible to install the proper a9lh again

I can't downgrade my sysnand without some soldering right ?

Thaulos

Trophies
XP
Country
I can't downgrade my sysnand without some soldering right ?

Yes if you are on 11.0, (there is also a dsiwarehax that can downgrade but it involves 2nd 3ds)

If you are not then you can downgrade through homebrew (google the entry points to use to get there)

Scooby2a

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Yes if you are on 11.0, (there is also a dsiwarehax that can downgrade but it involves 2nd 3ds)

If you are not then you can downgrade through homebrew (google the entry points to use to get there)

1 min, I can downgrade from 9.2,to 9.0, just by using software, no soldering?

Thaulos

Trophies
XP
Country
OK ill try it. I'm.kinda frazzled now. Been at it for 12 hours
Cheers dude

Haha, I feel your pain. This guide is very easily to follow as it is step by step. It will also help you install luma3ds which is a epic cfw that is popular here due to features and regular updates

You are lucky you are not on 3ds 11.0 lol

I am :( (dw, i sent it off to get it downgraded so i will join the a9lh race :P)

Last edited by Thaulos,
Reactions: Quantumcat

Scooby2a

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
The mset downgrade is achievable by using the gateway blue card
When i was on 9.0 you select it from the blue gateway card (D's exploit),and that was it. This 9.2 doesn't work with it. Either that or that gateway time machine messed up something else.
I'm.just restoring sysnand using gateway (press up on downgrade option), fingers crossed

Thaulos

Trophies
XP
Country
The mset downgrade is achievable by using the gateway blue card
When i was on 9.0 you select it from the blue gateway card (D's exploit),and that was it. This 9.2 doesn't work with it. Either that or that gateway time machine messed up something else.
I'm.just restoring sysnand using gateway (press up on downgrade option), fingers crossed

Good luck, tho you have to reinstall the exploit from blue card again.

Scooby2a

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Good luck, tho you have to reinstall the exploit from blue card again.
Its back. Yeah babbbbbyyyy. I got 9.0 again on sys
Wooohooooooo
And the exploit works as after the nand downgrade I selected instal nv RAM from.gateway menu

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Its back. Yeah babbbbbyyyy. I got 9.0 again on sys
Wooohooooooo
And the exploit works as after the nand downgrade I selected instal nv RAM from.gateway menu

If anyone has a nand backup from a previous version and want to go back to it use the gateway ultra versions (3.6.1 3.7.1)find the downgrade icon press up then select it.
Hope by this it will help someone

Reactions: Thaulos

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr