gateway simple questions

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by placebooooo, Aug 19, 2013.

1. placebooooo
    OP

placebooooo GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 9, 2013
    United States
    Philadelphia
    My dad is coming home from affar and i was wondering if he'll lend me 80 to buy the gateway (not really sure he is but...). well i wanted to ask if the gateway card is similar to the r4 in the following ways:

my original r4 started having issues after taking the sd ccard in and out of it multiple times. it would sometimes not detect it.

also one day the r4 split in two :( (it was very light and cheapish)

i was wondering if the gateway would be the same? since you need an sd card for each game you will be taking the sd card out alot and inserting it. I dont know if the gateway would take more damage than the r4 or is it just as fragile? Would the 3ds xl later on start having troubles reading the gateway card or will the gateway card start having issues reading the sd cards.

will the gateway card actually last at least a year or is it not worth the 80 bux yet cause i have no idea when it'll get a price drop :(

2. darkziosj

darkziosj GBAtemp Regular

Jul 30, 2013
    Colombia
    Medellin
    my r4 didn't have any issue with taking the sd card in and out multiple times, maybe you had a cheap clone? still waiting my gateway so can't talk about that.

3. 13ds
    This message by 13ds has been removed from public view by raulpica, Sep 20, 2013.
    Aug 20, 2013
  4. bowser

bowser Mwa ha ha ha!

Sep 1, 2008
    India
    GBAtemp ↑↑↓↓← → ← →BA
    The Gateway hasn't been out long enough to answer your questions. Devin's Gateway review is coming out real soon and you can get an idea of the build quality from that.

5. Ryukouki

Ryukouki See you later, guys.

Jan 31, 2008
    United States

He and numerous others stated that the cart was sturdy and well built.