Hacking Gateway Questions...

Skeet1983

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I been considering getting one, but have a few questions...

- Can I use it for retail game carts (Non ROMs)? I am on latest system firmware.
- If yes to first question, can I use other people's saves like found online or something?
- Is it possible to downgrade system firmware if need to like reset settings and still keep my digital games?

Thoughts appreciated :)

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I been considering getting one, but have a few questions...

- Can I use it for retail game carts (Non ROMs)? I am on latest system firmware.
- If yes to first question, can I use other people's saves like found online or something?
- Is it possible to downgrade system firmware if need to like reset settings and still keep my digital games?

Thoughts appreciated :)
From what I know: No, no and no. And at the moment the Gateway won't even work on the latest firmware.

Arnold0

Trophies
Website
arnold0.com
XP
Country
France
Hi,
I don't have one but I read somewhare that when you are in gateway mode you can't run retail cart.
Also if you have latest firmware, you'll have to buy another 3DS because gateway works on 4.1 - 4.5 only, and 3DS can't be downgraded.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Update: I am on Firmware Ver. 5.1.0-11U
Currently the Gateway won't work on that firmware, but they said they are working on an update. However it is unknown when this will be released, if ever, because something like that is not easy.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: