Gateway Question(s)

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Skeet1983, Jan 16, 2016.

1. Skeet1983
    OP

Skeet1983 GBAtemp Addict

Apr 22, 2012
    United States
    Somewhere, out there...
    Can physical game cards/cartridges be played in Gateway EmuNAND mode? If yes, how is it done?

2. MattKimura

MattKimura 3DS & WiiU Enthusiast

Jun 30, 2014
    United States
    I don't think so, you have to boot into Gateway classic mode to play cartridges in emunand.
    Regular Gateway emunand only loads from the red cart alone, so regular carts won't read.

If I remember correctly, you hold L while booting Gateway to access the Gateway menu, then choose classic mode.

You have to put the Gateway red card into the 3DS for it to boot emunand even for classic mode. Then take the cart out and put in a real game cart.

HOWEVER, you can use Rxtools to boot into emunand and play carts with no special setup.

Last edited by MattKimura, Jan 16, 2016
  3. Skeet1983
    OP

Skeet1983 GBAtemp Addict

Apr 22, 2012
    United States
    Somewhere, out there...
    I asked about this earlier because I plan on getting the physical version of "Mario & Luigi Paper Jam" this coming Friday. I have a Datel Powersaves device and would use codes for that game once available and hopefully transfer game and save to Gateway if possible. My question now is, can retail saves from game card/cartridge be transferred to Gateway? I think it is possible with Savedatafiler or something, but not sure if it can be done in GW Classic Mode... Thoughts/help appreciated :)