Hacking Gateway Quesion

Novalok

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am gonna be picking up a 3DS and Gateway Card this weekend. I got a XL but want one for Region Free. So how does Region free work. I'll still be buying carts. Is this possible?

elmoemo

Trophies
XP
Country
Gateway will only work on firmwares 4.1 to 4.5 so if you xl is higher firmware it won't work.

It is region free so any game you put on it should work no problem. Update emunand (not sure how to do this as haven't got mine yet) so you can play newer games.

As for buying carts do you mean new retail games? I'm not sure but someone else can clarify

Novalok

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I'll be buying retail games, due to the fact that i collect. I like to be able to put the game in it and play. Is this possible.

Kanarico

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Gateway will only work on firmwares 4.1 to 4.5 so if you xl is higher firmware it won't work.

It is region free so any game you put on it should work no problem. Update emunand (not sure how to do this as haven't got mine yet) so you can play newer games.

As for buying carts do you mean new retail games? I'm not sure but someone else can clarify
From the FAQ, although it's a bit out of date but still probably applies:

"You can play games from all regions when using ROMs. But if you are using EmuNAND Classic you still need to use a game cartridge from your region."

Also your firmware has to be 4.2-4.5 to play region free roms; 4.1 doesn't work. You don't have to update emunand to play retail carts, only if the emunand is 4.1 to play region free. Unfortunately, you can't update emunand right now anyways. You can only update through the system update option in settings but it will update date you to 8.0, which currently breaks emunand.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: