GBATemp OldFag
OP
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Hello all I have a 3ds xl with backups and a new 3ds on 9.0 I was wondering what fellow tempers would do? Sell the old 3ds or just nand mod both when available? Since I heard gateway was having emunand problems with the n3ds only supporting anything higher than 9.5emu I was thinking of just keeping my xl. I had issues modding my.xl myself so I'm considering trading it in or selling to to make up costs for the n3ds Thanks

Deleted member 361703

GBATemp OldFag
OP
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
For the xl I know their is the n3ds I cant find a pinout but all I need is gateway support so I can dump 9.0 then even if it comes out after I update I'll just probably do the same pay for the mod then downgrade. Its just hard to decide because I waited so long on my xl with 9.2 for ninjhax but dumped my fw then updated so now I'm here

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe hard mod refers to nand mod?

I heard emunand wasn't a problem for new 3ds xl. I thought it's because the exploit in the miimaker which breaks a lot of things involving miis (example: tomodachi life, Custom Mii fighters in Super Smash Bros)

Deleted member 361703

GBATemp OldFag
OP
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Maybe hard mod refers to nand mod?

I heard emunand wasn't a problem for new 3ds xl. I thought it's because the exploit in the miimaker which breaks a lot of things involving miis (example: tomodachi life, Custom Mii fighters in Super Smash Bros)

To be honest I try to take everything with a grain of salt when it comes to this is why gateway hasn't delivered, and yes I do mean nand mod sorry I also clarified op

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
there is a nand mod pinout for the n3DS XL, but not for the standard n3ds, so depending on the model you could get it nand modded, update use eshop etc, and when gateway finally release n3ds support downgrade back to 9.0-9.2

if you got 2 done at the same time you might get a smallish discount from hundshamer he does the nand mods and is US based

Deleted member 361703

GBATemp OldFag
OP
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
there is a nand mod pinout for the n3DS XL, but not for the standard n3ds, so depending on the model you could get it nand modded, update use eshop etc, and when gateway finally release n3ds support downgrade back to 9.0-9.2

if you got 2 done at the same time you might get a smallish discount from hundshamer he does the nand mods and is US based

Your serious? Yes i have an n3ds xl that would be great I saw the name floating around but I wasn't sure about n3ds. Awesome...so you think I should just keep both? I feel like if I get the n3ds modded the old 3ds becomes moot

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Your serious? Yes i have an n3ds xl that would be great I saw the name floating around but I wasn't sure about n3ds. Awesome
yeah just PM him, im sure he will be more than happy to do the n3ds, just check what kind of price he can offer to do the normal XL and new at the same time, as it would save postage costs etc if you have them done at the same time, and having the mod done increases the resale value if you do decide to sell the normal XL

Deleted member 361703

GBATemp OldFag
OP
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
yeah just PM him, im sure he will be more than happy to do the n3ds, just check what kind of price he can offer to do the normal XL and new at the same time, as it would save postage costs etc if you have them done at the same time, and having the mod done increases the resale value if you do decide to sell the normal XL
I agree completely I spent enough on it I should spend another 40$ or so to keep that value. Thanks for the help

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning