Hacking Gateway or Sky3ds?

Nuxx20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've ordered an Aussie N3DS XL 9.0, a Sky3DS and an R4i 3DS Gold - everything is scheduled to arrive in the next day or two. I did this before the new gateway was out and before I knew for fact that an update for the N3DS is imminent.

I too was tired of waiting, and since I don't really care about online play and e-shop games (although some are available on cartridge format like Bit Trip Saga and Cave Story 3D), I just went ahead and chose Sky3DS over Gateway.

The only thing I might be regretting is the lack of region free support, although realistically most of the exclusive Japanese games aren't really playable if you don't master the language (and those that are playable are often too childish to my taste)

And yes, there is always a chance that future games will require a version higher than 9.x, and that Sky3DS will be blocked by then, who knows....

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
I've ordered an Aussie N3DS XL 9.0, a Sky3DS and an R4i 3DS Gold - everything is scheduled to arrive in the next day or two. I did this before the new gateway was out and before I knew for fact that an update for the N3DS is imminent.

I too was tired of waiting, and since I don't really care about online play and e-shop games (although some are available on cartridge format like Bit Trip Saga and Cave Story 3D), I just went ahead and chose Sky3DS over Gateway.

The only thing I might be regretting is the lack of region free support, although realistically most of the exclusive Japanese games aren't really playable if you don't master the language (and those who that playable are often too childish to my taste)

And yes, there is always a chance that future games will require a version higher than 9.x, and that Sky3DS will be blocked by then, who knows....

You can play online with Sky3DS, you need to edit the template file for that (you somehow need to get the right code to play online from a game with header)
and i never regret buying a sky3ds till now.

Reactions: andzalot55

Nuxx20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can play online with Sky3DS, you need to edit the template file for that (you somehow need to get the right code to play online from a game with header)
and i never regret buying a sky3ds till now.

Even if i'm not on the latest firmware? I don't want to upgrade to keep my options open for Gateway and also to be able to run Homebrew / Emulators through Ninjahax

danialbi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, I am new to 3DS-proud owner of a DSTWO. I am on 7.2 (E) willing to move into the 3DS arena...
GW:
I don't understand why GW homesite claims "With GATEWAY ULTRA we support ALL 3DS/2DS/3DS XL consoles on sysnand firmware starting from 4.5 and all the way up to 9.2!" - while here I have read many times that 'individual older than 9.x FW support will be released in the future. So it comes, simple Q: Does GW support 7.2?
Do I need to use both blue-red cards every time?

SKY:
I don't use online gaming or even wireless...also I am not worried about Cross-region.
Will you suggest Sky3DS? I am a bit worried by the lack of menu...but can survive. Has sky3DS the limit of 31 games?

Thanks for your patience

--edit: I have now ordered sky3ds, have one more question:
Does sky3ds support 3DS ROM Tool 1.3 to trim .3ds files? Does the 'patch minimum required Firmware' feature work?

RaikouKid

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, I have two consoles. An American xl and a Japanese New 3ds. Got a gateway for the new 3ds.. May get the sky for the American.

I see youve managed the region locking issue for the N3DS, I live in NA, and I prefer the N3DS over the XL, much much more. My question is, what is the best way to order a JP N3DS and play all my games on it? I know Region "Unlocking" is a thing, but I'm not sure how to go at it the most cost-effective way. I have a couple of different ways to go about this, but I feel as if you people know more about what you're doing than me. Any help/suggestions would be highly appreciated!

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
I see youve managed the region locking issue for the N3DS, I live in NA, and I prefer the N3DS over the XL, much much more. My question is, what is the best way to order a JP N3DS and play all my games on it? I know Region "Unlocking" is a thing, but I'm not sure how to go at it the most cost-effective way. I have a couple of different ways to go about this, but I feel as if you people know more about what you're doing than me. Any help/suggestions would be highly appreciated!

Got my n3ds from superufo.com. You will need a copy of cubic ninja or sky3ds. If it comes above 9.2 your only option will be sky3ds for anything. No CFW.

Last edited by Kioku,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: lol, that was fun to watch. +1