GBATemp OldFag
OP
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
I know aloy of people ask this but I registered here for all the support, I bought a n3ds and want to either sell my old xl with nand backup no mod and use a gateway or sky 3ds and wondered what gbatemp would do ? Thank you for your time

Ritchie555

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I know aloy of people ask this but I registered here for all the support, I bought a n3ds and want to either sell my old xl with nand backup no mod and use a gateway or sky 3ds and wondered what gbatemp would do ? Thank you for your time

Personally. If I were in your position, I'd keep the XL and get a Gateway when the update is released. Of course, this all depends on the FW version your XL and N3DS have. Over 9.2, sky3DS is your only choice for now.

D

Deleted User

• Sky3DS works on 9.5 AND New 3DS
  • Gateway does not support New 3DS and only supports up to 9.2
those are facts, the rest is your opinion

You are leaving out a lot of information. Saying that 'the rest is your opinion' is false.

that is a fact, the rest is your opinion

Ra1d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
  • Sky3DS works on 9.5 AND New 3DS
  • Gateway does not support New 3DS and only supports up to 9.2
those are facts, the rest is your opinion

Well considering that OP mentions Gateway and N3DS in the same post, one would assume that he asking whether it's wise to wait for gateway or just buy a sky3ds.

While it Gateway does not support N3DS at the moment, they never made false announcements or lied, despite what people in the "How soon is Soon for N3DS Gateway ?" thread say.

So like I previously suggested, comparing the features would be OP's best option.

Riff89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While it's true Sky does have support for the latest firmware, there is no 100% guarantee that it will never get blocked. What I like about GW3D is that you have a way to keep using it even as updates come through for 3DS, thanks to the emunand feature. As of the time I am typing this, emunand has support for the most recent firmware for 3DS.

MrJason005

√2
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
While it's true Sky does have support for the latest firmware, there is no 100% guarantee that it will never get blocked. What I like about GW3D is that you have a way to keep using it even as updates come through for 3DS, thanks to the emunand feature. As of the time I am typing this, emunand has support for the most recent firmware for 3DS.
yes but so far, emuNAND 9.5 on n3ds does not work, and that yellows8 broke the broken encryption does not mean that ninty can't implement it more safely in say 9.6

guitarheroknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
yes but so far, emuNAND 9.5 on n3ds does not work, and that yellows8 broke the broken encryption does not mean that ninty can't implement it more safely in say 9.6
But then again why is the latest firmware so important? A 9.0 emuNAND can do all the same things a 9.5 sysnand can do and even more. The 9.5 thing was brought on the table when the Sky users got desperate and didnt have anything to add to their arguments. As far as Im concerned 9.0 is perfect until they figure out if they havent already how to obrain the 9.5 keys.

MrJason005

√2
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
But then again why is the latest firmware so important? A 9.0 emuNAND can do all the same things a 9.5 sysnand can do and even more. The 9.5 thing was brought on the table when the Sky users got desperate and didnt have anything to add to their arguments. As far as Im concerned 9.0 is perfect until they figure out if they havent already how to obrain the 9.5 keys.
I'm going to put my example in a way to show other people why 9.5 emuNAND and above is needed:
  • Picture game X coming out in say 6 months
  • During the waiting period, a new firmware is relased, say 11.0 that introduces a new type of encryption
  • 3DS users are enjoying 11.0 emuNAND while N3DS is still stuck on 9.4
  • The new game X is out, and it uses the new 11.0 encryption, therefore making the use of emuNAND 11.0 a required feature to play this without updating sysNAND
  • Because of this, N3DS users cannot use this game since it is not possible to spoof the keys, emuNAND 9.5 and above is required. While old 3DS users can enjoy it fine
This is all hypothetical, but still, it serves an example

guitarheroknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
If Im not wrong I read somewhere that Nintendo fucked up really bad with the encryption fail that was introduced with 9.5 and by permanentyl fixing the encryption they would have to relese a new batch of consoles meaning they failed at a hardware level like they did with the O3DS but Im probably wrong about this. All in all you have some valid points but you never know whats next.

MrJason005

√2
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
If Im not wrong I read somewhere that Nintendo fucked up really bad with the encryption fail that was introduced with 9.5 and by permanentyl fixing the encryption they would have to relese a new batch of consoles meaning they failed at a hardware level like they did with the O3DS but Im probably wrong about this. All in all you have some valid points but you never know whats next.
if it's hardware level then they fucked up bad, and we could see 9.6 and 9.7
if it's software, i don't think they'll mess it up again

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
  • Flame @ Flame:
    oh hi, Sickly
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh hi flame
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @K3Nv2 what was your ps4 situation
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you always have a ps4 you never updated
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or were you able to get new ps4 tracking it \
    as soon as the hack was announced
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or did you have to find a used one with the lower firm ware that was not updated
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got this ps4 at launch and never updated since 9.0
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask for a picteof not updating just tell them don't update
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask...