• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

marksteele

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So a few people might have seen this post by MelonGx about spoofing the eshop without using HANS. There seems to be a lot of misinformation about if this method works or not so I wanted to gather data about it along with creating a slightly more indepth guide about it.

I will reiterate, this is for gateway users only, from what I understand this won't work on a CFW

BEFORE YOU START BACKUP YOUR EMUNAND AND FILES! BE SMART!

Step 1)
Download 3DNUS to your PC
Step 2) Download the latest version of the following title IDs:

USA Systems:
000400DB20016302 - NVER (version 448 as of post time)
0004001000021900 - Tiger(Eshop) (Version 19465 as of post time)

EUR Systems:
000400DB20016102 - NVER (version 448 as of post time)
0004001000022900- Tiger(Eshop) (Version 19465 as of post time)

JPN Systems:
000400DB20016202 - NVER (version 448 as of post time)
0004001000020900 - Tiger(Eshop) (Version 19465 as of post time)

Step 3) Install Free Multi Patcher (Disregard the message about it not working anymore)

Step 4) Install all .cia files to your emunand
Step 4A) Restart your 3DS

Step 5) Run free multi patcher (open it and press start)

Step 6) Open the eshop

Step 7) As a baseline attempt to download the one of the following (more to be added):

Pokemon Shuffle
Super Smash Bros. Demo Version

Step 8 (OPTIONAL): Download the following additional title IDs:

USA Systems:
000400DB00017302 - CVer (Version 10288 as of post time)
000400300000CE02 - Mint (eshop applet) (Version 14337 as of post time)

EUR Systems:
000400DB00017102 - CVer (Version 10288 as of post time)
000400300000D602 - Mint (eshop applet) (Version 14337 as of post time)

JPN Systems:
000400DB00017202 - CVer (Version 10288 as of post time)
000400300000C602 - Mint (eshop applet) (Version 14337 as of post time)

Step 9) Report in this thread in the following format

Do you use gateway: Yes
Emunand version:
Did the eshop work:
Game installed:
Did you perform step 8:
Extra Notes:

Last edited by marksteele,

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gimme a few to get set up with the updated tiger and clear some demos off my system and I will start testing.
edit:
The following will hold true for all games/demos/updates I test.

Do you use gateway: Yes
Emunand version: GW9.5.0-28U
Did the eshop work: Yes*
Did you perform step 8: No
Extra Notes: eShop launches without error and signs into my NNID. I can access content pages without issue. Future edits and/or posts will reflect if a game/demo/update does or does not download completely.

edit:

Game installed: Pokemon Shuffle
Result: Error Code: 007-6101 at ~97% completion.

Last edited by Aroth,

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Game installed: Super Smash Bros. Demo Version
Result: Install completed and game unwrapped and launched without issue

Just3DS

Trophies
XP
Country
Already performed similar steps before this guide got posted but let me share some info:

EmuNAND version: GW 9.5 (N3DS)
Did the eShop work: Yes

Extra Notes: Everything works, games are downloadable, videos are watchable. However yesterday I was struck with a problem when tried downloading LoZ TriForce Heroes game. As soon as I Proceed to Download, and accept that age logo (PG stuff), it should have started downloading but instead it immeditely crashed to "An Error Has Occured... Power Off Your System Holding Power Button..." text shown in black background on bottom screen and top screen also black. Apart from that the eShop still works though.

Last edited by Just3DS,

marksteele

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Already performed similar steps before this guide got posted but let me share some info:

EmuNAND version: GW 9.5 (N3DS)
Did the eShop work: Yes

Extra Notes: Everything works, games are downloadable, videos are watchable. However yesterday I was struck with a problem when tried downloading LoZ TriForce Heroes game. As soon as I Proceed to Download, and accept that age logo (PG stuff), it should have started downloading but instead it immeditely crashed to "An Error Has Occured... Power Off Your System Holding Power Button..." text shown in black background on bottom screen and top screen also black. Apart from that the eShop still works though.

Doesn't that have the new encryption on it? I assume that's why

Just3DS

Trophies
XP
Country
Doesn't that have the new encryption on it? I assume that's why
It should download. I clearly remember downloading a new crypto demo game (not this one) before but of course it didn't launch. However that was before this eShop manual update fix so can't confirm.

Last edited by Just3DS,

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CVer and Mint are absolutely unecessary it seems (I can get into Eshop without those two)

And you need to restart the system after installing NVer and Tiger before trying to spoof Eshop.

But overall yes this works flawless!

CFW users MUST use Hans to spoof Eshop though. Gateway users can use both Hans and FreeMultiPatcher.

marksteele

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It should download. I clearly remember downloading new crypto demo game before but of course it didn't launch. However that was before this eShop manual update fix so can't confirm.

Ya I was having the same problem with that demo, I'm assuming the difference is the crypto

CVer and Mint are absolutely unecessary it seems (I can get into Eshop without those two)

And you need to restart the system after installing NVer and Tiger before trying to spoof Eshop.

Yup, I mostly had those as an option to confirm if it was needed or not since some people said it was

Just3DS

Trophies
XP
Country
Ya I was having the same problem with that demo, I'm assuming the difference is the crypto

Yup, I mostly had those as an option to confirm if it was needed or not since some people said it was
Ok, strange news. I just gone into eShop's settings to the redownloadable section and the demo was the "Puzzle and Dragons SMB Edition". It was installed on home screen last time but would end up in blank screen when launched (new crypto) so uninstalled. As soon as I tap "Redownload" button I get the same crash with same error in black background and top screen black.

So you are right but the thing confuses me is why now it won't even download and crashes like this...

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, strange news. I just gone into eShop's settings to the redownloadable section and the demo was the "Puzzle and Dragons SMB Edition". It was installed on home screen last time but would end up in blank screen when launched (new crypto) so uninstalled. As soon as I tap "Redownload" button I get the same crash with same error in black background and top screen black.

So you are right but the thing confuses me is why now it won't even download and crashes like this...

Sounds like maybe its a change to the way tiger handles the new encryption? Tbh as long as the crash only happens when downloading content that uses the new encryption I would consider it to be a non-issue. Especially since we can't use that content in the first place (at least not when downloaded from the eshop)

Xinaman

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Good Work, Keep it up.
Also, couple of questions:
It's possible to do a system transfer with this method?
It's possible to access/use Pokemon Bank?

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you have the game installed as a cia before ?
I did actually. I used Data Management to delete the content back with the URLs first changed and we were still trying to figure out what happened. Been getting stuck at 97% ever since and have no idea how to delete the existing "download", which tbh I half suspect is corrupted.

Good Work, Keep it up.
Also, couple of questions:
It's possible to do a system transfer with this method?
It's possible to access/use Pokemon Bank?
Depends. Updating NVer allows you to sign into NNID again (required for Pokemon Bank and System Transfer, assuming you have one linked already), but whether or not you can actually do a System Transfer depends primarily on the source and target system firmwares. They still need to be on compatible versions. Specifically both systems have to have the same version of the System Transfer app installed, and simply installing an updated (or downgraded) version of the app to one system or the other will cause problems during the transfer from what I understand.

Xinaman

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
TY For your quick response.
I recently bought an exploitable n3ds, it is in the mail and didn't arrived yet.
I was asking because i have an o3ds with gateway, and i didn't want to lose all my saves, but that its what's going to happen...

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TY For your quick response.
I recently bought an exploitable n3ds, it is in the mail and didn't arrived yet.
I was asking because i have an o3ds with gateway, and i didn't want to lose all my saves, but that its what's going to happen...
Depends on what firmware your O3DS is on, and if you have a backup of the emunand from 9.0-9.5.

If you are not past 9.5 yet, or if you have a backup of the emunand from 9.5 or lower, you can "downgrade" your emunand back to whatever version your backup is from. I have never done it so I do not know what the process involves, but it shouldn't be TOO complicated.

That said, your .sav files that are used by .3ds roms can just be copied to the micro sd card in the N3DS as they are not tied to your private key in any way. You would only have problems with downloaded eshop content and .cia saves, and transferring your NNID. Saves from .cia games would be the most complicated to transfer as you would have to install SaveDataFiler and manually back up each save file, then restore them once you set up your N3DS and install the .cia games to it. The NNID transfer would require calling Nintendo and informing them that you "lost" your old 3ds and want to move your NNID to your new one. Content from the eShop would just need to be redownloaded.

VerseHell

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I did actually. I used Data Management to delete the content back with the URLs first changed and we were still trying to figure out what happened. Been getting stuck at 97% ever since and have no idea how to delete the existing "download", which tbh I half suspect is corrupted.

Then this is normal, read this thread :
http://gbatemp.net/threads/gateway-broke-pokemon-rumble-world.387704/
That's why you should always use the eshop to download the free games/updates from your region.

Reactions: Xenon Hacks

Xinaman

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I could do it manualy with save data filer, its just about 4 to 5 cia games, i do not have a backup of my emunand, its up to date.
Im worried about my NNID, even if i format my emunand on o3ds through system settings, i wont be able to link it to my new 3ds? Im from Brazil, nintendo support couldn't care less about us, so calling or emailing them is out of the question.
And my NNID "it's" from Canada, Brazil don't have Wii U eShop, and Canada accept international credit card from Brazil.

bjaxx87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Silly question: Since when is all of this necessary...? I remember just having to use Free Multi Patcher on my N3DS Gateway EmuNAND to enter the eshop.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: