Gateway Mode Question

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by jastolze, Aug 22, 2013.

1. jastolze
    OP

jastolze GBAtemp Fan

May 2, 2012
    United States
    Hey I'm either receiving my Gateway tomorrow or Saturday, but I had a question: When the 3DS is in Gateway mode, does that mean we have access to the extra ram and CPU speed? I'm curious if a port of Quake 3 will pop up when homebrew is supported on the Gateway (Since it only needs about 64MB of ram)

Oh, and I saw in the manual that it said repeat the Gateway cycle every boot. To be clear, that means it wants me to pop in the Blue cart, follow the instructions, then the red card? Or is the blue card a one time boot?

Thanks!

2. Devin

Devin "Local Hardware Wizard"

Aug 17, 2009
    United States
    The Nexus

On every boot you must go into Settings->Other Settings->Profile->Nintendo DS Profile. You don't need to rerun the blue card exploit unless you go back into DS mode.

3. Thirty3Three

Thirty3Three Musician Member

Mar 22, 2013
    United States
    Wherever you want me, baby.
    Err, he wasn't asking that, sir o.o

4. Devin

Aug 17, 2009
    United States
    The Nexus

5. jastolze
    OP

jastolze GBAtemp Fan

May 2, 2012
    United States
    Why would I want to go back to DS mode? Is that for games for the original DS and flashcarts that play DS roms? Or can I just stay on Gateway mode and still use my SC DSTwo?

6. Devin

Aug 17, 2009
    United States
    The Nexus

DS mode includes playing retail DS games, roms, and homebrew. Every time you'd use your SCDSTWO you'll need to reinstall the GW3DS Installer homebrew in order to use the red card. However you can run the installer using your SCDSTWO so you really don't need the blue card.

kernelPANIC and jastolze like this.