Gateway games won't go online

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by shamzie, Mar 23, 2016.

1. shamzie
    OP

shamzie Oh David de Gea <3

Mar 19, 2014
    Manchester
    Hey, having a few issues getting online. Specifically Zelda triforce heroes. It keeps saying theres a software update available but I already have the latest version from the eshop I'm on GW3D 10.7. I've been into data management and deleted it then redownloaded it, Ive also repaired it. It constantly says theres an update available. Other games say it too. When attempting to go online with Zelda, It keeps telling me to accept their privacy policy - which I do, then it loops and repeats itself straight away. Anybody got any ideas around this? Thanks.

2. Queno138

Queno138 Ravens

Sep 18, 2010
    Senegal
    Luigi's Dark Mansion
    sounds like your Zelda Triforce heroes may be of a different region from your 3DS,
    and the onlines you get from your eshop, are for your region.

get the update from that iso website and install it, and see if it works now.

3. YourHero

YourHero GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 22, 2010
    United States
    No no, if he downloaded the update from the eshop it requires the console has that game in it, and is same region. There must be more to it than that. You cannot just download a game update if you have not played the game, and if the region is different it won't download the update in my experience.

4. shamzie
    OP

Mar 19, 2014
    Manchester
    I meant to say It's a .cia file. But I have also downloaded the eur update from the iso website and installed with devmenu. Doesn't seem to work.

5. Gcentrex

Gcentrex GBAtemp Regular

Oct 29, 2015
    United States
    New York
    Strange what's your sysNAND version?

6. shamzie
    OP

Mar 19, 2014
    Manchester

It was setup perfectly a while ago. I stupidly went into some settings in emunand and it seemed to wipe everything. I've only just been bothered to download everything and set it all back up. Do you think wiping the SD and MiniSD and restarting from scratch might help? With zelda there seems to be a weird loop with it constantly telling me to accept their privacy policy, which i do and then it repeats itself. If i cancel it, It says im online .. when im not.

7. Gcentrex

Gcentrex GBAtemp Regular

Oct 29, 2015
    United States
    New York
    Try losing a different CFW to see if it loads

The only thing I can could think of is that it's related to you being on sysNAND 4.5

I installed a crypto fixed version onto one system and it works online with the patch from eshop

The other real eshop both work fine, but both systems had at the time 9.2 sysNAND before swapping to A9LH

8. YourHero

YourHero GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 22, 2010
    United States
    I just tested the US version on my US 3DS with an update from the eshop and it works fine. This is with GW though. So I'd go on a limb and say its something to do with the CFW or CIA.

9. shamzie
    OP

Mar 19, 2014
    Manchester

Thanks for testing. I'll swap it out for a different version. I'm not using any CFW. I'll try it with other roms and see what happens. Thanks for the help guys appreciate it .

10. Scarlet

Scarlet Rydeen

GBAtemp Patron
    Scarlet is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 7, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Middleish North-Right
    Oh I think you need to do something with the Config app to fix this... Forgot the specifics, but I think you acquire Config.cia (from the SDK) from that ISO site, then go to EULA or whatever it's called, and change it to FF FF... I had this problem a while back so my memory's pretty fuzzy, but I think you do something like that.

11. axemurderer

axemurderer GBAtemp Regular

Sep 1, 2014
    United States
    Hoenn nostalgia town
    this is untrue. you can just go and download an update from the eshop. I have downloaded updates for games I planned on owning before I got them.

12. YourHero

YourHero GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 22, 2010
    United States
    That's new. I've never been able to find the updates to download without clicking on the game and pressing Y to update. That or going to the eShop and finding the updates in my "updates" section of my download history.

13. axemurderer

Sep 1, 2014
    United States
    Hoenn nostalgia town
    you can search for updates in the eshop.

14. shamzie
    OP

Mar 19, 2014
    Manchester
    So just search config.cia on the iso site? go into devmenu and change it to FF FF ... ? If I understood that correct? Thanks.

15. axemurderer

Sep 1, 2014
    United States
    Hoenn nostalgia town
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

shamzie likes this.
  16. shamzie
    OP

Mar 19, 2014
    Manchester