Hacking Gateway Files succesfully Decrypted

Midnight Tboy

Trophies
XP
Country
whilst the idea of a softmod is great....I can't realistically see it happening.

What is the point in a clone cart.....woul you really wait an extra 2 or 3 months for a clone to surface....just to save $10 or so...with all the time wasted that you've spent looking, reading and umming and aahing about xx model you may aswell have just bought the proper one

The only upside that could come from a clone, is them having a reliable website :)

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
because clone cards un likely to know how to code
so we might never see Region free or Region Spoofing?

hence why im not sharing the link to the files
If you didn't want to share the link in fear of GW stopping their hacking, why did you link it? The more information that is out there, the more likely it is going to be acted upon.

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

Even if this did kill the GW, that would mean that another flashcart succeeded in its place, so... what's the problem? Unless you have stock in GW3DS or something.

Nice thinking bro'.
So you are saying that it totally acceptable to use someone else's hard sweated code and create a clone of the card and make money on it while the original team gets bananas ?
And you don't care because you are not a share holder or something ?
Way to go man, a little less selfishness wouldn't ruin your life you knew ?

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Nice thinking bro'.
So you are saying that it totally acceptable to use someone else's hard sweated code and create a clone of the card and make money on it while the original team gets bananas ?
So you are thinking a device that makes it possible to take someone elses hard sweated code and use it for free and charge money for this is totally acceptable while the original developer gets bananas?
And you don't care?
Way to go man.

girugamarc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why do you think the GW cost $80? Do you really think they did not realize the prospect of cloners in the (near) future? Now they will need to make their $ by being the best at supporting their card with fw updates that only work on the real deal.

Pedeadstrian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice thinking bro'.
So it's not okay to pirate flashcarts, but it's okay to pirate... games? Well, how do you like that...

McHaggis

Fackin' Troller
Trophies
XP
Country
no nin could just look at the map file and see what GW is doing.

Because Nintendo aren't capable of analysing what the card does without the help of the hacking community? It's their hardware, it wouldn't surprise me if they were among the first to receive a GW3DS and figured out how it worked the very same day.

zero2exe

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Nice thinking bro'.

You could apply the exact same line of reasoning for the GW team releasing a cart that enables full use of illegal copies of Nintendo Software. Just saying.

ichichfly

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Because Nintendo aren't capable of analysing what the card does without the help of the hacking community? It's their hardware, it wouldn't surprise me if they were among the first to receive a GW3DS and figured out how it worked the very same day.
The map is a map file that only nin has. If you have that file you can see what happen in a ROP in 1 hour.

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
OP
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
the problem guys im trying to raise is that Clones kill off the guys that actually did the hard work

so whist alot of people will be like YAY i can get a cheap card

the downside is you might not see Firmware Spoofing now, you might not see Region Free now

are people really excited about having a Clone cart which kills off the reason you want a cart in the first place?

vini9157

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
the problem guys im trying to raise is that Clones kill off the guys that actually did the hard work

the downside is you might not see Firmware Spoofing now, you might not see Region Free now

are people really excited about having a Clone cart which kills off the reason you want a cart in the first place?

what about r4 clones everywhere, did they stoped something?

Naridar

Excelsior!
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
The entire "files decrypted" should be closed, deleted, buried and whoever brings it up banhammered. I don't want the team to ragequit, especially after the more interesting deals (region free, fw version spoofing)

Pedeadstrian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Clones kill off the guys that actually did the hard work? That's why there are no new Wood updates, right? Because the original R4s are inferior?

I'm getting Gateway to play games. If I cared about where my money went to, I'd be buying retail carts.

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
OP
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
c'mon buddy ! don't matters about gateway, is it possible homebrew very soon from this ?

lol cloners dont add to it
so if the gateway team decide against to make any more changes that it
we get stuck with what we got and clones with no progress

what about r4 clones everywhere, did they stoped something?
the DS was already blown wide open, with DS Rom decryption and then the community doing AP patches
the 3DS scene isnt that far developed, its still in infancy

Blazer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so much hypocrisy

I'm kinda weird in that I'm sad this is a thing at all. If cheap clones DO come out it's going to severely hurt the 3DS industry, which obviously I don't want to happen because I'd like Nintendo to be happy and make lots of money so they can make more games. All piracy does is take away from it by letting people get things they can't afford (kind of like how credit cards ruin people's lives by putting them in debt, ruining their credit score, etc.).

The funniest part is how people complain that the piracy scene isn't good enough and flashcarts aren't cheap enough. Come on, you're already saving hundreds of dollars by not buying games legit, now you want to complain about the extra $50 when you should actually be spending much more anyway?

Speaking of hypocrisy I'm a hypocrite since I'm going on this forum and used to be a pirate myself :P before I got a job and started buying all my games so I could rightfully own them

tl;dr I hope the 3DS scene stops at the Gateway for the sake of the gaming industry as a whole, if it gets blown apart like the DS... :(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sak is a fishy pineapple