Hacking Gateway .DG Decryptor/Extractor

Mauwi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I am very excited about what files are in the *.dg File and if it will be possible to build your own DG Files out of FW CIAs or something else ^^

Kakkoii

Old fart
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I am very excited about what files are in the *.dg File and if it will be possible to build your own DG Files out of FW CIAs or something else ^^

That would be pretty cool. Perhaps we could build a FW with devmenu already installed? And any other tools needed so we can just download and install any CIA's we want.

Reactions: Codename and Mauwi

sonic2756

Friendly Neighborhood Wolf
OP
Trophies
Website
www.keenbrigade.com
XP
Country
United States
Seems to just be a bunch of .cxi files
LCwYUgT.png

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
they will all be signed, the downgrading wouldn't magically allow unsigned code in sysnand, so no point adding dev menu, what would be interesting is making out own dowgrade packs to allow say downgrading EU consoles to 4.2 rather than 4.5 for the grater NDS card compatibility

Reactions: Hiccup

Keylogger

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
they will all be signed, the downgrading wouldn't magically allow unsigned code in sysnand, so no point adding dev menu, what would be interesting is making out own dowgrade packs to allow say downgrading EU consoles to 4.2 rather than 4.5 for the grater NDS card compatibility

Or a downgrade to 2.x as the GW 3.0 exploit works with 2.0 FW

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
no they are more than likely just the system updates in extracted form (i.e each individual title)
CXI is just a ncch container
http://3dbrew.org/wiki/NCCH
Or a downgrade to 2.x as the GW 3.0 exploit works with 2.0 FW
yeah but the 4.x exploit only works on 4.x, and im sure people prefer being able to use it offline/without having to carry an extra device to boot into gateway mode..........i wonder if maybe we can install the older TWL_FIRM/whitelist though....which would bring back pretty much all NDS flashcard to 4.x

interesting things are testable, but not what some people want/think it would enable like sysnand CFW
's etc etc

EDIT, well not really testable without a repacker/re-encryptor....but you get the idea :P

Reactions: Zidapi

nastys

ナースティス
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    A @ anotherthing: You got banned from Pretendo?