Gateway-created emuNAND Compatible with A9LH?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by TechAndrew, Jun 16, 2016.

1. TechAndrew
    OP

TechAndrew Untitled

Aug 6, 2015
    Canada
    Wherever I Am
    Hello,
    I am following this Part 1-5 guide: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/
    However, my situation does not line up with the A9LH setup guide.

My Old 3DS XL has sysNAND firmware 4.3.0-10U, and I'd have to upgrade to 9.2.0 using a newer Super Smash Bros. 3DS cartridge (I already dumped the cartridge, and checked its actual firmware with Crappy Tiny Reader; it is indeed 9.2.0.) So, the first question I have is; Will 9.2.0-10U (old browser version) be a working substitute for 9.2.0-20U?

The next problem is the Gateway-created emuNAND. The emuNAND has some important data that I definitely do want to keep. Would this emuNAND be compatible with the tools and be treated like a normal emuNAND? I have already extracted this emuNAND to a BIN file and would like to know if A9LH would work properly once this emuNAND is A9LH-modified and flashed to the sysNAND.

If necessary, please point out any issues that could arise, along with a solution (if any).

Thanks,
    Andrew21

2. pkmz

pkmz Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 27, 2014
    United States
    Dunp your emunand with decrypt9. Once you install a9hl you can write it back to your sysnand.

3. Dorimori

Dorimori professional lurker

Mar 17, 2016
    United States
    possibly in your closet
    Flashing GW EmuNAND to sysNAND seems like a bad idea.

Also, I think -10 is too old for browserhax, but I'm not sure ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

4. RowanDDR

RowanDDR SNES Lover

Apr 13, 2006
    London
    You don't have to use a cartridge to update. I updated from 4.3 to 9.2 using Sysupdater.cia from "Gateway SysNAND mode". You can ignore the "Don't run this in SysNAND Gateway mode or it will brick!" warning assuming you are running Gateway 4.0b.