Hacking Gateway Card Problems

DannyGamer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello people! I'm new to this site and kinda new to the whole Gateway thing and I'm having problems with my 3DS, so I was hoping I could get some help from the community here. Let me give the story to my problems:

I bought a Gateway card about 3 months ago and followed the steps to installing it on my 3DS to play 3DS games. I followed the steps to the letter and everything worked fine. I'd been playing 3DS games on my 3DS since then without any major problems. The few problems I've encountered while playing 3DS games is that sometimes the game would freeze after about 15 minutes of gameplay and I'd have to restart my 3DS losing the progress I'd done during that time. Another problem I have is that many times the games freeze as soon as they are loading (before getting to the Menu Screen) forcing me to restart the 3DS yet again. I didn't think this was a big deal or much of a problem at all, I thought it was a small downside compared to being able to play 3DS games, but now I'm starting to wonder whether this is a normal problem or not. Does this happen to other people as well? Or is it that there's something wrong with my 3DS and/or my Gateway Card? Anyway, this is just one problem and can still live with it if it can't be fixed.

This other problem is the one that bothers me, however. I had read that the Blue Gateway Card could play NDS games as well, and after much searching (I found out that there's really not much of an explanation or guide for playing DS games on the Blue Gateway out there) I found that the files to do so came with the Omega firmware itself. So I copied the files to an SD card along with the DS games, put it inside the Blue Gateway card and tried it on the 3DS. It seemed to have worked. It all loaded correctly displaying my games and I was able to play them, but for some reason I was and still am having problems with my game saves. I would play the games with no problems, but when I had to save, the game would just get stuck saving and I couldn't do anything besides turn it off or going back to the Home Screen. After returning to the Home Screen, I would try to play the game again only to find that it (1)froze at the load save screen again, (2)had deleted my save and had to start over again, or (3)wouldn't load and would freeze with both screens being white. This is pretty much the problem I would like to get help with and I wanna know if anyone else is having this kind of problems and if there is a way to fix it or not.

Thanks in advance for any help! Oh, and if something isn't clear just ask and I'll try to explain it better. Thanks again!

DannyGamer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well yeah, I guess. Not quite sure if it's really the cards problems or if I'm doing something wrong with the Omega firmware or something.

Nope, I didn't. How do I do that? And exactly what would it be deleting? I mean, probably everything, but is there something I should be worried about?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
first check would be running a retail game for a few hours and see if you encounter any similar issues, also try look inside the card slot for any bent pins, they should all be aligned the same, if any are off that might be your issue.....if both of thos steps look ok, try a different micro SD card, some card have issues, especially fake card, whilst most fake cards simply dont work after a certain point, there is newer fakes coming out now that will indeed work to the full capacity, but will giver very poor read/write speeds and more than likely corrupt easier......try with a known good genuine card, and see if that gets rid of any of the issues, as mvmiranda said it would be very strange to get 2 faulty card, test out everything else first so you know for sure if its the gateway cards or not

mvmiranda

Trophies
Website
www.gamemod.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Well yeah, I guess. Not quite sure if it's really the cards problems or if I'm doing something wrong with the Omega firmware or something.

Nope, I didn't. How do I do that? And exactly what would it be deleting? I mean, probably everything, but is there something I should be worried about?

Well, let's back up a little bit, right

There's really not much to "do wrong" with the "Omega firmware". All you need is just replace your old 2.X LAUNCHER.DAT by the 2.3b one and you're good to go.

Now for the formatting, yes. You should be aware that when you format your system, all of your pre-installed games will no longer work. Let's say you have a Mario kart 7 bundle console and you backup your SD card (nor the microSD for gateway). Once you Format your memory, everythin in you SD will be erased and even if you put your backup back, the games will not work anymore.

DannyGamer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And about formatting the console's memory, I think I'll keep that in hold and if nothing else I try works, then I'll do it. Oh, you mentioned that if I put the backup back on the SD, the games won't work right? Will I still be able to redownload these games from the eShop?

mvmiranda

Trophies
Website
www.gamemod.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
And about formatting the console's memory, I think I'll keep that in hold and if nothing else I try works, then I'll do it. Oh, you mentioned that if I put the backup back on the SD, the games won't work right? Will I still be able to redownload these games from the eShop?

yes, but just when gateway launches support to the new 9 firmware.

DannyGamer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
first check would be running a retail game for a few hours and see if you encounter any similar issues, also try look inside the card slot for any bent pins, they should all be aligned the same, if any are off that might be your issue.....if both of thos steps look ok, try a different micro SD card, some card have issues, especially fake card, whilst most fake cards simply dont work after a certain point, there is newer fakes coming out now that will indeed work to the full capacity, but will giver very poor read/write speeds and more than likely corrupt easier......try with a known good genuine card, and see if that gets rid of any of the issues, as mvmiranda said it would be very strange to get 2 faulty card, test out everything else first so you know for sure if its the gateway cards or not

Well how about that. I'd already tried using another SD card and the problem was still there, but I tried it again, this time formatting the SD card and it seems to have worked. It seems that the other SD card I was using might've actually been the problem. Well thanks for the help guys! :D

Reactions: gamesquest1

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Nahhh those game sticks look cool to me