Hacking Gateway and Ninjhax ?

SonGoku78

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi everyone,

i couldn´t find the information i was looking for getting ninjhax working on gateway, so sorry for the post first of all and i hope you will help me anyway ;)

so basically i have only one copy of cubic ninja, and i used this on my regular 3ds xl´s for playcoin settings or making my mii have goldpants...or using themes with CHMM.

On my gateway 3ds (with emunand) xl i use the playcoinsetter cia or savedatafiler cia and other homebrew that is available either as cia or .3ds files.

However i have now a new 3ds xl, and the i had to reinstall ninjhax on it for the new 3dsxl, because it seem to differ from the old 3ds xl version...

so do not want to reinstall everytime ninjhax when i want to use playcoinsetter for example on my regular 3ds xl´s that don´t have emunand, and i do not use them for playing with gateway, only with retail carst on regular sysnand.

but i still wnat to use ninjhax on them, through booting into gateway mode and starting the cubic ninja .3ds rom. So thats for the background info...

But my problem/question is:

When you shut down the 3ds xl, and reboot in gateway mode and start the cubic ninja rom, i have to reinstall the ninjhax with the qr code, very uncomfy...

I guess this is because the modified savefile is not getting properly saved on the sd card of the 3ds...i guess the reason is that you cannot quit out with entering home menu and closing the application so that gateway can properly save on the sd card.

I somewhere read (don´t remember the thread) that gateway should still have the save (for ninjhax) on its save chip, and that you can restore this...and i think this should solve my problem, i mean when the ninjhax save is on sd card, everything should work fine, and i should be able to press on qr code for loading the homebrew channel without having to scan the qr code again...

So ist there a way to get the modified ninjhax save on the sd card from the gateway card ?

or is there another solution for a working homebrew channel in gateway mode ?

the two 3ds xl´s have firmware 9.2.XXXE

i hope you have an answer for me :)

Happy weekend to you all

patrickvogt

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Probably too late, but the only solution I know is doing the following procedure:

1. Boot "Cubic Ninja" with Gateway3DS (the normal process)
2. Scan the QR code and install Ninjhax and run the exploit afterwards
3. In the homebrew launcher menu: press the on/off button of the 3DS for several seconds to turn the 3DS off (the save will still be on the gateway but is not yet transfered to SD card)
4. Turn the 3DS back on, start "Cubic Ninja" again (the normal Gateway 3DS procedure again)
5. Within "Cubic Ninja": Don't go furher than the menu and then press HOME and then "Close (X)" (Normal transfer save to SD card procedure for Gateway)
6. The "exploited" save should have been written to SD card
(Optional - 7. Transfer the save file from SD card to your PC as a backup with e.g. FTbrony)

That is the same procedure like transfering the save game to SD card if your game crashes or the 3DS freezes and you can't do the Gateway Save Procedure (Home and Close).

Hope that helps

Last edited by patrickvogt,

SonGoku78

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi,

thanks for the Info. At the moment I use cubic ninja for my New3DS Gateway, so i am not using my old 3ds for now. But i am looking for another pal cubic ninja, that i can use for homebrew on my old 3ds.
If by any chance you have the possibility to organize a pal copy for a reasonable price, please contact me.

Danke dir :)

Jiro2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm able to use Ninjhax from a ROM on a N3DS. You're right in that it doesn't let you go to the home menu, but whatever I did, I managed to get the Ninjhax save saved with the ROM anyway. It does have some limitations but it should be able to work. I don't remember exactly what I did that allowed it to save; I didn't do anything funny like above; maybe I did it by accident.

Note: If you are using a Cubic Ninja cart just to boot the Gateway on a new 3DS and want to use the cart on an old 3DS, you can install mset and bluecardfix/flashcardtimewarp which will let you boot the new 3DS without needing Cubic Ninja any more, That would free up the Cubic Ninja cart to use on the old 3DS. (Gateway's instructions for this are not very good, however, and don't tell you to install those on SysNAND.)

SonGoku78

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I'm able to use Ninjhax from a ROM on a N3DS. You're right in that it doesn't let you go to the home menu, but whatever I did, I managed to get the Ninjhax save saved with the ROM anyway. It does have some limitations but it should be able to work. I don't remember exactly what I did that allowed it to save; I didn't do anything funny like above; maybe I did it by accident.

Note: If you are using a Cubic Ninja cart just to boot the Gateway on a new 3DS and want to use the cart on an old 3DS, you can install mset and bluecardfix/flashcardtimewarp which will let you boot the new 3DS without needing Cubic Ninja any more, That would free up the Cubic Ninja cart to use on the old 3DS. (Gateway's instructions for this are not very good, however, and don't tell you to install those on SysNAND.)

Thanks for your reply, but i really do not want to mess with system settings :) i want to go the safe route, it just takes seconds to boot gateway emunand with cubic ninja and i have no hassle in using cubic ninja for my needs :)
I will just search around for another cubic ninja cart

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: though if it s important to go online for a game I would much rather buy it