Gateway and netflix

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Jay L, Nov 1, 2013.

1. Jay L
    OP

Jay L Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 1, 2013
    United States
    Hi,
    I've been told that I should avoid going online with my 3DS to avoid a firmware update (I'm on 4.4); just yesterday I used Netflix. Was it because I was maybe in gateway mode that I was able to logon to Netflix without having my firmware updated or can I always log into Netflix without fear of a firmware update?

According to the Nintendo website, just connecting your wifi should a automatic firmware update.

I was wondering if someone had more info on this topic? Can I safely log into Netflix at anytime without worry or did I just unknowingly login into Netflix with my 3DS configured in such a way that the firmware update was avoided?

Thanks.

2. TheDreamLord

TheDreamLord GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 8, 2011
    Ireland
    It will NOT auto update ever. It will just nag you every time to you start it to accept the update.

3. Jay L
    OP

Jay L Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 1, 2013
    United States
    Ok; so revised question. Will accessing Netflix ever cause the system to start asking me me to update the firmware every time I start the system? I'm new to the gateway card and am hoping someone with more experience can help me with my question.
    (Also, I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this but since I'm on 4.4 and don't want to update I cant go buy anything from the eshop correct?)

4. kyogre123

kyogre123 Mexican Pride

Sep 23, 2013
    Mexico
    Is Netflix causing you what you are asking already? if it's not now, then it won't in the future. Try to enter to the eShop if you want an answer from first hand, you can freely reject any update petition without problem anyway.

tokidoki11 likes this.