Gateway and ironfall invasion?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by KodyKaplish, Aug 4, 2015.

1. KodyKaplish
    OP

KodyKaplish GBAtemp Regular

Jun 22, 2012
    Will gateway 3ds team use ironfall invasion to allow to use gateway 3ds? Just like they did with cubic ninja and zelda ocarina of time 3ds smea all ready found a way to use his homebrew exploit to use with Ironfall i hope gateway 3ds will find a way to use there exploit with the game.

2. kheldar

kheldar GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 4, 2014
    watch out magic crystal ball jokes incoming.

3. Dotmore

Dotmore GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Sorry, you're out of luck. they won't.

[​IMG]

Korma, LinkmstrYT, Gadorach and 6 others like this.
  4. Aurora Wright

Aurora Wright GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 13, 2006
    Italy
    It needs 9.5 FIRM, so no. Kernel exploits can only be used up to 9.2.

5. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    plus GW were the first people to publicly release the oot exploit, its not like they only set out to copy people, they are/were capable enough dev's, but as has been mentioned, ironfall requires 9.5, so unless they have more aces up their sleeves its no good for them and tbh even if they had a full system exploit for 9.5+, assuming what smea already stated about requiring CN one to install the exploit, GW wouldnt need ironfall as they could just downgrade MSET which doesnt rely on a game that will likely be removed/patched soon

6. petspeed

petspeed GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 13, 2009
    CN is not needed to install the Ironfall exploit. Smea wrote that on Twitter earlier today.

7. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    ahh cool just seen his update....still doesnt really make it that much of a viable long term entry point, and it still doesnt help gateway unless they have new exploits to pair up with it for 9.5+

well atleast we can stop hearing people crying over the price of CN now :lol: (probably not actually, GW/n3DS cfw users still need CN/oot at least once, so there will probably still be people complaining that heaven forbid they have to BUY a game even if they get to sell it on once they finish with it :rolleyes:)

8. hashcheck1

hashcheck1 GBAtemp Fan

Aug 5, 2013
    I love having my gateway and n3ds on emunand 9.5 with spoof. I boot from oot. There's abit of a cost but have cia, emunand and 3ds roms. Two 64gb microsd one in 3ds and one in gateway ;)

earny likes this.
  9. Bonovox40

Bonovox40 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 2, 2003
    United States
    Wait, why are you booting from OoT? I thought you can install the nvram package w Gateway and boot your GW cart from sysnand. That's how it worked with CN. Thought GW implemented the same dealio with OoT users too....?

10. Pecrow

Pecrow GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 23, 2015
    United States
    Well gateway had the sales climax again with the 9.0-9.2 firmwares, but they will go back down because it is most likely that 9.3-9.9 will not be *hackable* as kernel exploits are SLIM on these versions. So ironfall might be a good possibility IF nintendo screws up again on a future firmware release.

11. ravihpa

ravihpa GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 11, 2007
    India
    He's probably keeping his Sysnand to its original state as much as possible. Just like I am. Am perfectly fine using my Cubic Ninja to boot into Gateway every now and then rather than messing with my Sysnand :)

earny and Maximilious like this.
  12. Pecrow

Pecrow GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 23, 2015
    United States
    what about using mset to launch gateway? I actually found a way to (uninstall/remove) the mset changes on sysnand, at least from what I can tell, by changing the Language on the 3ds I am no longer able to launch gateway via the profile options, and I have to re-install it again.

13. ravihpa

Apr 11, 2007
    India
    Okay am getting confused here. I thought nvram and mset method were the same, aka removing your N3DS system settings and installing the old system settings, which enabled the DS Profile exploit to boot into Gateway.

Well, me and a friend of mine, we both have N3DS XL AU systems, feel like NOT messing with our sysnands. We both are perfectly happy with just booting into CN and then into Gateway :)

Edit: @Pecrow - When you changed the language, am pretty sure you just messed up something in the MSET exploit. I don't think you uninstalled it completely. For that, you will have to uninstall the old system settings and manually install the newer system settings for the N3DS. Which I think is quite risky coz you can brick your N3DS if you screw up.

14. Pecrow

Pecrow GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 23, 2015
    United States
    True as well, but I have a sysnand backup saved just in case and so far I havent seen any issues at all w/ using mset.

15. ravihpa

Apr 11, 2007
    India
    Call it paranoia :P

We both are not happy with messing with our sysnands. Even we have taken backups of our sysnands. That's the first thing we did :D

Besides, booting with CN barely takes 10 seconds, and we don't turn off our N3DS systems that often. We keep em in sleep mode while not in use :)

16. Pecrow

Pecrow GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 23, 2015
    United States
    Thats the thing, I always turn mine off, i feel that the battery drains if I just close it

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Oh by the way, I have it set up this way because I use my CN for Pasta CFW :), so modifying pasta every time I want to use one or the other would be a pain.

17. Maximilious

Maximilious GBAtemp Addict

Nov 21, 2014
    United States
    Same deal here. I did install MultiPatcher to sysNAND, but I'm not all about the mset install for DS Profile. I have no qualms with booting from CN!

ravihpa likes this.
  18. ravihpa

Apr 11, 2007
    India
    To tell you the truth, since past few months, my gaming hours have been so erratic that even I don't feel like keeping my N3DS in sleep mode. I almost always turn it off, and am perfectly happy using CN to boot into Gateway EACH TIME :D

By the way, why do you need Pasta if you have Gateway?

19. Pecrow

Pecrow GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 23, 2015
    United States
    So that I can access the eshop w/ spoofer on the sysnand (9.2) to download games/updates/demos/dlc/apps, etc :)

20. Maximilious

Maximilious GBAtemp Addict

Nov 21, 2014
    United States
    You can do so with GW. Just hold B, then confirm booting sysNAND mode with A then X at the GW menu.