Hacking Gateway 3DS working on the New Nintendo 3DS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrushev

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
What about that guide?
It's been confirmed by garyopa.
And we know he has close ties to the Gateway team.

If Gateway lied to us, so can anyone "close to them"... that guide could have been completely made up by anyone, even original author said he has no idea if Gateway even works like that.. its just a way to scan a QR code, its always been there and is known to everyone that you can do that. Someone just took it and put it into a nice guide with screenshots.. nothing new there.

MrJason005

√2
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
You'd be very lucky to find a retail 3DS under 4.5 nowadays. I don't think it's happening.
When I got mine from Nortec (Nintendo of Greece representation) it was shipped with 4.5
So, even for you it shouldn't be that hard.
If Gateway lied to us, so can anyone "close to them"... that guide could have been completely made up by anyone, even original author said he has no idea if Gateway even works like that.. its just a way to scan a QR code, its always been there and is known to everyone that you can do that. Someone just took it and put it into a nice guide with screenshots.. nothing new there.
Garyopa confirmed it.

Yabbie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
They seem to have a generic response to emails as i received the same reply back in November.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 266
Reactions: logg

Danjal

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You'd be very lucky to find a retail 3DS under 4.5 nowadays. I don't think it's happening.
Considering the large number of 4.5 and lower devices are still being found - no, its not a matter of 'luck', rather its a matter of doing the groundwork and sending out emails asking for the numbers.

Note that a lot of devices aren't "listed" as 4.5 (or lower), but are simply sealed devices from older batches. And they are everywhere. You just have to know where to look and what to ask for. Aswell as being willing to go the distance. Then buy the device on store-price. The main reason most are having such a hard time is because they 1 - don't want to do the work (sending out emails, asking etc) and 2 - are only looking for devices listed as 4.5 firmware. Rather than looking for the serial numbers etc.

Godson777

yo waddup
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question, I wanna get this out of the way now so I know ahead of time. It's likely a completely retarded question, but I'm a curious little derp, and I wanna know.

When dumping a ROM off a legit cart, does it simply copy all the data into a rom, or transfers everything out of the card; wiping everything from it?

Again, I'm curious as heck, so I apologize if the question is completely retarded.

frecton

Trophies
XP
Country
Considering the large number of 4.5 and lower devices are still being found - no, its not a matter of 'luck', rather its a matter of doing the groundwork and sending out emails asking for the numbers.

Note that a lot of devices aren't "listed" as 4.5 (or lower), but are simply sealed devices from older batches. And they are everywhere. You just have to know where to look and what to ask for. Aswell as being willing to go the distance. Then buy the device on store-price. The main reason most are having such a hard time is because they 1 - don't want to do the work (sending out emails, asking etc) and 2 - are only looking for devices listed as 4.5 firmware. Rather than looking for the serial numbers etc.

The cheapest 3ds on amazon in the UK that I recieved was on something like 2.0

yoshinatsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Quick question, I wanna get this out of the way now so I know ahead of time. It's likely a completely retarded question, but I'm a curious little derp, and I wanna know.

When dumping a ROM off a legit cart, does it simply copy all the data into a rom, or transfers everything out of the card; wiping everything from it?

Again, I'm curious as heck, so I apologize if the question is completely retarded.
Haha, no it copies the data.

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam

It copies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Welp