Gateway 3DS System Transfer

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Shinigati, Dec 18, 2013.

1. Shinigati
    OP

Shinigati GBAtemp Regular

Oct 31, 2012
    Hello i am thinking about getting a gateway 3DS but first i would like to know if it will work the way i need it to, i currently have a 3DS XL (A) with the latest firmware and i am about to get a 4.5.0 3DS (B) but my question here is if i use the gateway 3DS on the 4.5 (B) and emulate the latest firmware nand and do a system transfer from my other 3DS (A) to my 4.5 (B) will this method work correctly and will this update the real firmware of the gateway compatible 3DS or will it just patch the system transfer into the emulated nand?

thanks in advance

2. inuyasha555

inuyasha555 GBAtemp Regular

Oct 10, 2013
    Canada
    System transferring won't work. Opening the system transfer menu reverts out of emuNAND mode so you'd be in 4.5 which obviously isn't the latest version.

The only way to properly system transfer would be if you could backup your NAND freely which requires soldering wires to your motherboard.

3. Shinigati
    OP

Oct 31, 2012
    so is there no way i can transfer my eshop purchased games to a 4.5 3ds? :|

4. Schizoanalysis

Schizoanalysis From somewhere inside the rabbit hole...

Jun 23, 2009
    No. Not without updating to 7.x. So, no.

Unless you know how to do a hardware mod.

5. Shinigati
    OP

Oct 31, 2012
    alright thanks for the reply guys, i guess ill have to hold off from buying gateway at least for now anyway.