Hacking Gateway 3DS Support?

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do apologize in advanced if this has already been addressed. My 3DS (US) is running 9.4.0-21U. Does Gateway support this? I'm really confused when people say emunand and sysnand. Again, I do apologize if this has already been addressed.

Dragaan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nope, you're better off looking for a Sky3DS.

Basically, sysnand is your system firmware, and that's what needs to be under 9.2 for Gateway to work. emunand is when you emulate the system firmware, so you can update that like you would your regular firmware.

Oishikatta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do apologize in advanced if this has already been addressed. My 3DS (US) is running 9.4.0-21U. Does Gateway support this? I'm really confused when people say emunand and sysnand. Again, I do apologize if this has already been addressed.

Gateway does not, and most likely will not for a very long time support any console running a firmware higher than 9.2.

Emunand refers to the firmware version that can be run within gateway mode, not the version running on the console itself.

jrebey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

No, it doesn't.

FYI:

sysnand = system firmware in hardware (before you exploit with Gateway)
emunand = "emulated" system firmware on MicroSD card (after you exploit with Gateway)

Oishikatta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the clarification guys. With that said, is Gateway a much better/popular choice? How are your experiences with the Sky3DS/Gateway?

sky3ds is temporary, gateway is forever*

* for old 3ds. New 3ds yet to be determined if encryption can be fixed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.