Hacking Gateway 3ds savedata backup question

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Damn. So I guess I'll just keep this save backed up somewhere until they get a working fix then.
there is also the question of "did you play the game in another 7.x+ console or in classic mode?"
there is actually 2 different things that mean the save is unuable.....im not sure if gateway plans to fix both or just 1 of those issues, if you played the game on a updated console and not classic mode you will also need to wait to see if they fix 6.x save encryption too.....if you played in classic mode you only need to wait for smaller save file support

GuyInDogSuit

Your friendly neighborhood guy in a dog suit.
Trophies
Website
www.sniffglueworshipsatan.com
XP
Country
United States
there is also the question of "did you play the game in another 7.x+ console or in classic mode?"
there is actually 2 different things that mean the save is unuable.....im not sure if gateway plans to fix both or just 1 of those issues, if you played the game on a updated console and not classic mode you will also need to wait to see if they fix 6.x save encryption too.....if you played in classic mode you only need to wait for smaller save file support

So if I play the retail cart right now in classic mode, that might bypass the 6.x encryption problem?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
no, gateway uses "gateway 6.x save encryption"......meaning any saves made on a real updated console will not work as they will be using "nintendo 6.x encryption" (assuming the game uses 6.x encryption....PAA does) this applies even with retail carts.....saves made using one cannot be used on a console using the other

classic mode will only mean it uses the proper save size

GuyInDogSuit

Your friendly neighborhood guy in a dog suit.
Trophies
Website
www.sniffglueworshipsatan.com
XP
Country
United States
no, gateway uses "gateway 6.x save encryption"......meaning any saves made on a real updated console will not work as they will be using "nintendo 6.x encryption" (assuming the game uses 6.x encryption....PAA does) this applies even with retail carts.....saves made using one cannot be used on a console using the other

classic mode will only mean it uses the proper save size

Once it's made... it's done, huh?

What is this about .3dz? Is this a required extension for games that go online? I mean, that's pretty much EVERY game. Well, 75% of them, anyway.

Seroczynski

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

What is this about .3dz? Is this a required extension for games that go online? I mean, that's pretty much EVERY game. Well, 75% of them, anyway.

If you dump your own game (through Gateway menu) you will have an actual header inside the rom file. This header is used for online play and your own dumped savegames from the same game. You will need to change the extension to .3dz to enable online play for that game.

'Scene roms' come with an empty header and thus use the .3ds extension.

Reactions: GuyInDogSuit

Ryanrocks462

Wii U/3DS Hacker.. Will test anything, A Pirate
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

.3dz is the rom reading the unique cartridge ID for the save meaning ---retail cart save has number on it gateway rom needs that specific number to make the save not corrupted

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yay solitude again