Gateway 3DS Questions

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by ArashdeepSandher, Sep 19, 2014.

1. ArashdeepSandher
    OP

ArashdeepSandher Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 11, 2013
    Canada
    Brampton, Ontario
    Hi. I know that these questions have probably been answered already but I would like some clarification?

1) What is the best place to buy the Gateway 3DS from?

2) Does it work on the current firmware (8.1.0-19)?

3) If yes to Question 2, does it have online support? I ask this because the DS flashcarts did not.

4) How fast does it update after the release of firmware that blocks flashcarts?

Thank you to all that take the time and respond

2. redkeyboard

redkeyboard GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 8, 2013
    United States
    2. No
    3. Yes

3. MarkDarkness

MarkDarkness Deliverator

Dec 17, 2009
    Poland
    1) Official website lists official retailers
    2) No, latest version supported is 4.5
    3) In despite of 2, online play does work.
    4) Weeks

4. Sorox

Sorox Master Firo Soul

Jul 8, 2008
    United States
    çİş
    All of these questions are easily searchable, but I'll answer you anyway.

1) I suggest using Gateway's suggested retailers on their website, just so you dont get scammed. I got mine from realhotstuff, and they got it to me within the week. Also slightly cheaper iirc.

2) No. You need a 3ds with fw 4.1-4.5 for the exploit that is behind gateway to work. Once you get everything sert up though, emunand works with the newest firmware, which allows for online play using a modified scene release/own dump. You can find more info in #3

3) Read this, still applies to newest GW release: http://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-use-scene-dumps-with-gw-2-2-online.365829/page-53#post-5082661

4) After a flashcard blocking update, GW usually responds within a week or two to say they're working on it, and withina month or two there's an update.

5. ArashdeepSandher
    OP

ArashdeepSandher Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 11, 2013
    Canada
    Brampton, Ontario
    Where would I even find a 3DS with 4.1-4.5?

6. gypsynimrod

gypsynimrod Banned

Banned
    Sep 2, 2014
    Fiji
    Old stores, retro game shops, eBay.

7. alexenochs
    This message by alexenochs has been removed from public view by Densetsu, Oct 22, 2014, Reason: No advertising.
    Sep 19, 2014
  8. 4gionz

4gionz GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 16, 2014
    Canada
    Well if your in canada like it says just go to a few walmarts and buy a 3ds with the serial number SW12 or lower the serial is easily viewable on the outside if the box and you can ask the store clerks to look at the serials before you buy, a lot of red ones have serial sw10 still on the shelves so you can get one easily at walmart