Status
Not open for further replies.

Kakkoii

Old fart
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It saves in the same manner as a normal 3DS game, which means it will write to the same location regardless of the game. This will result in it corrupting the save of whatever previous game you had on it when you swap in a new one.

i.e. if you played Animal Crossing and made your town and all that jazz then swapped in Mario 3D Land the Animal Crossing save would be erased for the Mario one.
Unless of course the method they provide for swapping games on the cart also pulls out the save data for you, which I would hope they'd do. But until the card actually comes out, this is all silly speculation.

Carnivean

STARMAN
Trophies
XP
Country
Unless of course the method they provide for swapping games on the cart also pulls out the save data for you, which I would hope they'd do. But until the card actually comes out, this is all silly speculation.

Not really silly speculation when the only video they have released actively shows the saves being seen as corrupted.

schmooblidon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Wasn't there an email saying they were finishing up the save feature and it will be included in the release.
Here it is, none other than XDKing himself,

I don't usually post on forums, but this one got me a bit agitated. Here's a email I sent out to Gateway about some issues that seem to be hard for people to grapple.View attachment 3036
And just saying to those that are talking about the value of all those games is greater than the gateway; even though that's true, please make note that the only games your allowed to play are the ones you own, "backup" if you recall, and imposing piracy is frowned upon, especially in this public forum. ;)

Kakkoii

Old fart
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Not really silly speculation when the only video they have released actively shows the saves being seen as corrupted.
No, it's still silly, because it's not the final product. Hold your judgment for when it comes out, don't just write something off as useless when you haven't seen the finished product.

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wasn't there an email saying they were finishing up the save feature and it will be included in the release.
Here it is, none other than XDKing himself,
Hmm, I must've glazed over that part when I saw that email. Probably since people tend to post the same emails over and over again. Maybe that's why people are saying it's delayed for a couple weeks? Well, that's good news, I suppose.

xshoyz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't really care about delays as long as it's real, but I'd love for review units to finally go out.

tmactx

Trophies
XP
Country
relace date

19:28 (há 3 horas)
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

para sales
cleardot.gif

hello again. i would like to ask you something.
can i make a preorder now or should i wait at the end of this month?
will the card be really coming out at the end of june cause i heard something about this week. which of these is true? end of june or mid july?
Gateway 3DS
20:10 (há 2 horas)
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

para mim
cleardot.gif

it is coming soon, wait a few more days we will make a new announcement then you
can order safely.

mailto:[email protected]
cleardot.gif

Reactions: f0rCe

Pedeadstrian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
relace date

19:28 (há 3 horas)
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

para sales
cleardot.gif

hello again. i would like to ask you something.
can i make a preorder now or should i wait at the end of this month?
will the card be really coming out at the end of june cause i heard something about this week. which of these is true? end of june or mid july?
Gateway 3DS
20:10 (há 2 horas)
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

para mim
cleardot.gif

it is coming soon, wait a few more days we will make a new announcement then you
can order safely.

mailto:[email protected]
cleardot.gif
Yeah, that's the same info everyone else has been getting. Just be patient.

enigma85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think this thread should be locked and no other gateway-3ds thread should be created. iits the same whining,questions,answers, and emails over and over again. if you read this whole thread you will literally know everything about the cart 53 times over. everyone just needs to read and wait. no other posts required.

Pedeadstrian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think this thread should be locked and no other gateway-3ds thread should be created. iits the same whining,questions,answers, and emails over and over again. if you read this whole thread you will literally know everything about the cart 53 times over. everyone just needs to read and wait. no other posts required.
While I agree people should stop posting the same crap, this is a good place for announcing things like the card being delayed, the save function being fixed, etc. Unless Devin wants to be PMed when anyone finds Gateway-related news so he can update the first post accordingly.

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
I said that 20+ pages ago, here.

The only people that are posting now are people griping about not going to buy this until they put it a game manager of some kind or a automatic save dumping feature to the microSD, etc. Or those too skittish and just want to post about the fact that they are unsure of getting this flashcart until at least the review shows up.

Then there are the whiners that post up when the 6.0.0.11/12 came out and made it out as their justification of not getting this POS flashcart etc.

There is then left the people who always want confirmation from the source like it is their god given right to know about everything.

----

Lock it up and sticky it until the review shows up. Then unlock it so people can post more crap about it. Then unsticky it when people start posting. It is 20+ pages of useless dribble atm.

Quicksilver88

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey if nothing else it serves as a thread for us to hope and dream that the thing actually materializes and has some sort of save function beyond what we were shown in the preview video....lol. I love it how they say don't start pre-ordering but then most of the links they have for approved distributors are taking pre-orders? How does that make sense.....oh well I pre-ordered because the site I used has been around years and I have used them before so I know if the cart falls thru they will either refund me or give me credit twoards other stuff I can use. Also to those worried about dumped ROMS....Venom and Contrast just did a bunch of new dumps so now pretty much everything released in US and EU has been dumped.....now go figure out where to get them ;-)

WhiteMaze

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

The only people that are posting now are people griping about not going to buy this until they put it a game manager of some kind or a automatic save dumping feature to the microSD, etc. Or those too skittish and just want to post about the fact that they are unsure of getting this flashcart until at least the review shows up.

Then there are the whiners that post up when the 6.0.0.11/12 came out and made it out as their justification of not getting this POS flashcart etc.

There is then left the people who always want confirmation from the source like it is their god given right to know about everything.

----

Lock it up and sticky it until the review shows up. Then unlock it so people can post more crap about it. Then unsticky it when people start posting. It is 20+ pages of useless dribble atm.

Ahahah I laughed at your post for a good 5 min.

So true aswell xD

xyzmanas

Trophies
XP
Country
something I read on 3dbrew:

6.0.0-11 Savegame keyY

6.0.0-11 implemented support for generating the savegame keyY with a new method, this method is much more complex than previous keyY methods. This is enabled via a new NCSD partition flag, all retail games which have the NCSD image finalized after the 6.0.0-11 release(and 6.0.0-11+ in the system update partition) will have that flag set for using this new method.

What does it mean for the new saves and implementing it on Gateway?

Schaapje82

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

You don't HAVE to read it, you know. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Looks like Link's Awakening was metaphorical.