Hacking Gateway 3DS - First 3DS flash card?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonesman99

GBAtemp's Official ArchAndroid
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if anyone has caught this, but, at least we know that the region lock data is in the rom itself and not on the game card, or how the rom is processed on the card to the console. If any of that makes any sense.

Metoroid0

Samus Aran
Trophies
Website
www.metroidwiki.org
XP
Country
Japan
I don't know if anyone has caught this, but, at least we know that the region lock data is in the rom itself and not on the game card, or how the rom is processed on the card to the console. If any of that makes any sense.

Sooo youre saying it's about the system, not the card. but than, how come there are US and Euro roms?

ken215

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
For the exact MicroSD size problem.
There is a solution that may work. You can get an 8GB MicroSD, and if the the game is smaller than 8GB, let's say 4GB, just make a 4GB partition on the MicroSD and the rest is unallocated space, it should work.

Not sure if someone thought about this before but it just came to my mind.:P

Treeko

Trophies
XP
Country
place holder for big comment before idiots spam just crap about what posts are going to be about

Finally this materialized

it is indeed not a fake but all the hardware you want for this has yet to be shown

ideally what this card does is make the Game Chip a Micro SD card
the card will have to be formatted correctly and the right size (eg. you will need, 512mb,1GB,2GB,4GB cards)
each card can only hold 1 rom at a time, as it takes up the whole space of the card
surely you get the point here of whats its doing

the next thing is Save Data
as you can see in the video there is only 1 save chip and thats built in, so if you change the game MicroSD without backing up and Dumping the Save data with a Save tool BYE BYE save
as it is wiped as the game recognizes it as corrupt so deletes it
so they will either have to provide a method of extracting/dumping the save or you get a R4i Save Dongle or something that does the job

basically this is a 1:1 clone sort of deal so only 1 at a time, no homebrew, no mods, no save tweaks

Nintendo will most likely just block this with an update to check the game Chip ID and then fail to boot it

enjoy :D
but this is a sole piracy deal here

Well it might be true that you can't just save, and hope the card keeps the save files on board, but remember that little app nintendo released that allows you to copy your save files from the game card to the sd card of the 3ds? Well if I am not mistaken then I think that will be the solution to save, well anyways this card is solely made for piracy so I don't really care much about it, but correct me if I am wrong.

:-infern:

GBAtemp Legend
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gateway-3DS has been updated with an Asian Japanese Reseller: Ndssell.
Price is currently at 1000yen but this is an unconfirmed price.

Naridar

Excelsior!
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
1000 yen? That's impossible, that would be not even 10 bucks! Sadly, that 120€ variation seems more likely, but I'd be the happiest if I were proven wrong.

porkiewpyne

Report-er
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Pretty sure that's just a deposit. So I guess if you choose not to commit when they try to charge an exorbitant price, they still profit. And I guess people will be more likely to order one if only $10 is at stake. My 2 cents

OldClassicGamer

Serbian Prinny
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
you know it does not remove region lock right?

It is said on site that it supports all roms that are dumped, meaning it supports all regions. Plus nobody can say for sure that it does not work unless they don't try it. We must wait.

That means we must do a rom modification like we can do Wii ISO region change, so we can chage region of rom to region that matches our 3DS

ut2k4master

Lord Tourettes
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It is said on site that it supports all roms that are dumped, meaning it supports all regions. Plus nobody can say for sure that it does not work unless they don't try it. We must wait.

you again.. :P i already told you on the video, yes all roms at the moment work, but you can only run those of your own region.. if it was region free, it would be one the first things they would announce, but they didnt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/zzu0VHzy7tU?si=V2sI-JSptJg0SWmC