Hacking gateway 3ds EmuNanD Question

Unjustly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You won't be able to enter the eshop and system settings, roms should work fine. But take caution! If you update now you will have 8.x not 7.x. 8.x disables emunand booting. So for now don't update your emunand, wait for gateway's update. Better safe than sorry

HaleBob

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yes, but you can't get 7.x unless you already have it, or are willing to risk updating your system NAND via a cart update.
I will get my Gateway in some days and I would like to use it before they manage to support 8.x.
How risky is it to update from a ROM? Is there a tutorial somewhere? I could not find one.

rsc-pl

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hi, I will get my gateway tomorrow. So because 8.x update, I will not be able to use it (until gateway release new FW)?

HaleBob

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The

Trace_hunter

Trophies
XP
Country
I found this:

=> All roms will play (except Pokemon X/Y and ACNL) on either SystemNAND and EmuNAND via new Launcher (SDK 5.x Icon location patching done)

here:

http://gbatemp.net/threads/answers-for-most-common-gateway-2-0-questions.358509/

Could someone please explain the patching part? Does it mean we have to patch the ROM? How?

That's an old post, it's a shame there's a whole lot of old information hanging around. The latest gateway firmware 2.2 omega works fine with pokemon and animal crossing, so just don't update the emunand until gateway release a new update

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: After my shower +1