Hacking Gateway 3DS Availability

Saturosias

thank
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RealHotStuff says they'll be receiving cards by next Monday at the earliest.
47ldl.png

blaisedinsd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Saw some people asking earlier about digitopz. They have this product in stock currently.

I have bought from them a couple of times with no issues. They have responsive customer service as well, usually respond with in one day. Not native english speakers but they fixed my problems (forgot the sd card add on in my shipment, they shipped it out and gave me a gift certificate). Their shipping is pretty quick for international as well.

What I am wondering is if all you people who want this actually held out on updating your 3DS just in case a hack might come out like this. I think that is pretty hardcore.

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Saw some people asking earlier about digitopz.

I have bought from them a couple of times with no issues. They have responsive customer service as well, usually respond with in one day. Not native english speakers but they fixed my problems (forgot the sd card add on in my shipment, they shipped it out and gave me a gift certificate). Their shipping is pretty quick for international as well.

What I am wondering is if all you people who want this actually held out on updating your 3DS just in case a hack might come out like this. I think that is pretty hardcore.
Some people did, knowing that the people at 3dbrew said that the exploit is patched in 5.1. But I'm in the group that got a 3DS just for this.

placebooooo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so currently if i want to order a gateway, where they have it in stock and would be shipped out within a day or, which website would this be

edit---
also would things be this crowded if i came to order in october or will the shipping and everything else just be more delayed?

Pedeadstrian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so currently if i want to order a gateway, where they have it in stock and would be shipped out within a day or, which website would this be

edit---
also would things be this crowded if i came to order in october or will the shipping and everything else just be more delayed?
No US store, I know that. I don't wanna end up being screwed by customs/unreliable Chinese sellers.

We don't know Gateway's plan for the future. They may make more units every couple weeks, or in a month, or in 3 months, etc. It's possible that, when you come back, every site is sold out, and Gateway isn't finished with their latest manufacturing. But, if you're willing to wait until October, why not order now from one of the US stores? They're expecting shipments and possibly to ship out to preorderers within a week.

Nobunaga

Empty
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
For everyone that live in Greece cymods has Gateway 3DS in stock with 3 Euros Shipping.
I am not able to give you a direct link because I am on my PS3 atm ^_^ also it costs 65 Euros.

zanfire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
id be all for buying one of these things if games actually got dumped, especially the SMT games (recent 2 atleast). We have this firmware spoofing and whatnot but it seems like games arent being dumped at all lately.

placebooooo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No US store, I know that. I don't wanna end up being screwed by customs/unreliable Chinese sellers.

We don't know Gateway's plan for the future. They may make more units every couple weeks, or in a month, or in 3 months, etc. It's possible that, when you come back, every site is sold out, and Gateway isn't finished with their latest manufacturing. But, if you're willing to wait until October, why not order now from one of the US stores? They're expecting shipments and possibly to ship out to preorderers within a week.
ok. but which currently is the best place to order from (link please).

Pedeadstrian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
id be all for buying one of these things if games actually got dumped, especially the SMT games (recent 2 atleast). We have this firmware spoofing and whatnot but it seems like games arent being dumped at all lately.
Yeah, I can't wait for Soul Hackers and SMTIV to get dumped. But I currently have 34 3DS ROMs at my disposal, so I could easily wait. And if they end up not getting dumped after I play all of those games, I'll (god forbid) buy SMTIV and Soul Hackers. Oh, and Break Record (when it releases).

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heads up, RHS is currently on a preorder basis, but I can guarantee that their services are extremely reliable. They're actually one of the oldest sites that still sells flashcarts from the old days.

Reactions: signz

Louism92

Trophies
XP
Country
ok. but which currently is the best place to order from (link please).

dwtechz.com have them in stock ready for posting from hongkong, i purchased mine last night and it was posted this morning, they have a good webutation too, done my homework first :)

placebooooo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just got my 3ds xl for 150.
super mario 3d land for a first game for 22
now why the hell would i spend another 80 on gateway
and another 40 for a dstwo card
that totals $294 all at once. it just seems alot.
Its just buying a flashcart for 80 dollars seems ridiculous. even though i want one so bad i just feel helpless :(

edit----
it says they have them in stock here
http://www.0shippingzone.com/gateway-3ds-cards-for-nintendo-3ds.html

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its just buying a flashcart for 80 dollars seems ridiculous. even though i want one so bad i just feel helpless :(

You aren't seeing the big picture. The thing is, one thing at fault was the Mario purchase, which you told me was going to keep you busy when you were waiting on a flash cart. That's fair enough, but it sort of falls on you. If you get a Gateway 3DS cartridge, you can sell the game as a means of recouping the cost towards the flash kit. Second off, a DSTwo cart is really not that expensive, considering the features that it gives, and the ability to update quickly without replacing hardware, which almost all current flash kits have had to deal with. They either needed to update hardware with cheap clones or phase out; sadly, a lot of the major reliable teams ended up phasing out, partly due to a dying DS scene. When I was talking to you on IRC, I never forced you to go get a DSTwo, I was giving you options, and my best recommendation considering my experiences.

As far as a Gateway purchase, for a first generation flash kit, this is actually fairly cheap. The first Nintendo DS flash kits were around $200. For $80 (two games at MSRP) you can open up a gateway (no puns intended) to many more games, which to some is a fully justifiable purchase. Considering the fact that you can play Japanese/European games on a North American 3DS, which has never been able to happen.

Midnight Tboy

Trophies
XP
Country

edit----
it says they have them in stock here
http://www.0shippingzone.com/gateway-3ds-cards-for-nintendo-3ds.html

why bother buying a DSTwo?

The main reason lots of people buy the DSTwo is for better future firmware update capability. That is not an issue if you're using the Gateway anyway as you're locked to 4.5 (and maybe some sort of CFW derivative of 4.5).....and it comes with a basic DS R4i card.....so thats $40 saved

Midnight Tboy

Trophies
XP
Country
dwtechz.com have them in stock ready for posting from hongkong, i purchased mine last night and it was posted this morning, they have a good webutation too, done my homework first :)

Is your tracking showing anything yet? Mine is still blank - but then its confusing as hell on how to work the tracking links :)

placebooooo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You aren't seeing the big picture. The thing is, one thing at fault was the Mario purchase, which you told me was going to keep you busy when you were waiting on a flash cart. That's fair enough, but it sort of falls on you. If you get a Gateway 3DS cartridge, you can sell the game as a means of recouping the cost towards the flash kit. Second off, a DSTwo cart is really not that expensive, considering the features that it gives, and the ability to update quickly without replacing hardware, which almost all current flash kits have had to deal with. They either needed to update hardware with cheap clones or phase out; sadly, a lot of the major reliable teams ended up phasing out, partly due to a dying DS scene. When I was talking to you on IRC, I never forced you to go get a DSTwo, I was giving you options, and my best recommendation considering my experiences.

As far as a Gateway purchase, for a first generation flash kit, this is actually fairly cheap. The first Nintendo DS flash kits were around $200. For $80 (two games at MSRP) you can open up a gateway (no puns intended) to many more games, which to some is a fully justifiable purchase. Considering the fact that you can play Japanese/European games on a North American 3DS, which has never been able to happen.
i just checked online and i can sell my super mario 3d land game to a store ccalled cex for the same exact price i bought it, which is 22 bux. so if i do that ill have exactly enough to get the gateway card. but im gonna be left with completely no games for my 3ds. that gets me wondering how long will i have to wait for gateway card to arrive since i wont have any other games to keep me busy? (i am going to order from real hot stuff, lets say i ordered it today or tomorrow)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    T @ Texasauras: SOLILOQUY